Friday, April 27, 2012

Spring & Summer Project List

Every year with the approach of spring, I get the urge to clean, organize and freshen up the house. The result: a project list a mile long! Last year we tackled the guest bath and the front entry hall. Unfortunately, the overall goal had been to finish the whole hallway, but I lost momentum before actually making it up the stairs.  So it has remained like this, half-painted, with no window treatments, for nearly a year.
This is right inside our front door! I think it's time I finally finished painting.

So... for this year's spring and summer project list item #1 is obviously to finish last year's spring and summer project list! Here's a quick overview of the other projects we hope to tackle during the warm summer months.


  • Finish painting walls and trim for upstairs hallway. I'd also like to have some sort of gallery wall upstairs.  I love this one from Pottery Barn-


  • Paint and refresh the master bedroom. This will probably be the biggest project of the summer. I'm leaning toward chocolate walls, creamy drapes, some toile touches, and pops of aqua. Here are some of the inspiration pictures I've collected on my Pinterest board-
Via


Via

  • This might be a stretch, but I'd also like to update our downstairs family room. I'm thinking board and batten, new lighting, and lots of paint. It will have to be done on a shoestring, though. Right now, the family room is very "up-north" rustic, and it's been that way since we moved in 6 years ago. I think it's time for a change! I'd love something bright and colorful (as opposed to the cave-like feeling we've got goin' on now).

Via

Whew! This is just the inside project list! I'll save the outside ideas for another post, or I might just faint from all the stuff we are tackling this summer. 





2 comments:

  1. You have beautiful inspirational photos to jump off from. Best wishes on your projects. I'm sure the end results will be lovely.
    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will definitely be sharing the progress when the projects are underway! :)

      Delete

I read and appreciate every one of your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know what you think.