Wednesday, April 25, 2012

What I Wore: The Cardigan Edition


I'm sensing a theme here. 
Cardigan, white tank, denim trousers. And repeat. 

Exhibit A: 


Outfit 1: 
Cardigan- Gap
Posy Pins- The Pleated Poppy

Outfit 2:
Cardigan- Target (girls section clearance rack- score!)
Cute be-flowered flats-Target

Outfit 3:
Cardigan- Target
Butterfly scarf- Old Navy
Headband- Anthropologie

Outfit 4: 
Cardigan- Target
Polka dot scarf- Target
Patent flats- Bjorn

Exhibit B: 
Branched out a wee bit with a pink shirt and some stripes, but still the same general idea.



Outfit 1:
Cardigan and tee-shirt- Banana Republic
Scarf- Old Navy

Outfit 2:
Cardigan- Banana Republic
Scarf- Target

Outfit 3: 
Cardigan- Target
Petal Pusher- The Pleated Poppy

Outfit 4: 
Cardigan- Target
Striped tee- Old Navy
Gray wedges- Target
Stone necklace- Old Navy

Outfit 5:
Cardigan- Target 
(another score from the clearance rack in the girls section)
Headband- Target

Now, to be clear, these outfits were worn over the span of 2-3 weeks, but dang... they are really similar! I try and change it up sometimes, but I always feel kind of uncomfortable. This is obviously my go-to uniform; for me, it's a perfect balance of comfort and cute. Do you find yourself gravitating to a "uniform"? I'd welcome any suggestions for how I can mix things up a little!

I'm linking up with Lindsey at The Pleated Poppy for WIWW.

20 comments:

  1. I always resort to dresses and leggings but am trying to wear more pants/shirts. Your cardigans are all so cute! I love the striped one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I managed two dresses this week! I was quite proud of myself!

      Delete
  2. Haha! I always wear cardigans too! Love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a freeze-baby so that plays a big part in my cardi collection! They are cute and warm!

      Delete
  3. What a great collection of cardigans you have! All the outfits are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm embarrassed to say, this is only a fraction of my collection!

      Delete
  4. You pull off your outfits so flawlessly!! LOVE how you do scarfs just as well as you do the cardigan :)

    Found you thru the link up! Looking forward to following your adventures!

    Kristine from TheFoleyFam - Unedited

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking out my blog! I do love scarves- they are so fun :)

      Delete
  5. you have such a great collection of cardigans.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You wear the look very well!! I have been on the hunt for a yellow cardigan. Love yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks- the yellow is definitely a favorite!

      Delete
  7. You seem to have found your 'uniform' and it works for you! I would copy any of these looks- you are darling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your look! Would you consider giving a little lesson on how you do your hair - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the compliment, but I'll leave the hair tutorials to the experts! Check out Kate at The Small Things Blog http://www.thesmallthingsblog.com/ for some great hair styling tutorials! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love cardigans, I almost have to have one at work everyday..not even because it's that cold I just feel odd without it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I've gotten so accustomed to wearing them, that I feel incomplete without one, lol! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  11. Hi Jessie
    Are your cardigans from current season in target?
    Stores or online?
    Thx
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenn~ I'm pretty sure they were all purchased in store. They are all from at least 1-2 years ago... I think it's time I got some new clothes! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

I read and appreciate every one of your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know what you think.