Monday, May 21, 2012

Hello, Monday

Ugh. Monday. My least favorite day of the week.

How did it get here again so quickly? 

The weekend was busy and fun:
 Lots of kids over, filling the house with laughter and messes.
Final episode of Sherlock on PBS. I can not wait a whole year for more! It's almost as bad as waiting for more Downton Abbey episodes.

I'm ready to greet the new week with a smile, though.
I'll be joining Lisa for her Monday link-up.

So... Hello, Monday. :)

Hello, delicious and easy cheater donuts. You make our Saturday mornings extra sweet, and you're still delicious on Monday morning!
I've mentioned my love of these before...
I skip the extra dip in butter and just roll them in cinnamon-sugar while they are warm from the frying pan, because...

Hello, Weight Watchers.
I'm entering week 2 of my return to Weight Watchers. And it is not fun.
I love to bake. I love to cook. I love to eat.
I do not love no longer fitting in my "fat" pants. 
So, no delicious donut holes for me.
{Okay, only one delicious donut hole for me.}

Hello, little mouse nibbling at my birdseed this morning.
You are very cute, but if I find evidence you've been in my house, I will ruthlessly exterminate you.
Or, I will have Chris do so. Because I am actually rather scared of your cute-self.
Please stay outside. We'll both be happy that way.

I've been looking for a good book to kick-off my summer reading, and this one fits the bill nicely.
I'm always looking for suggestions and recommendations, so if you have any advice please let me know in the comments!

Hello, crazy-busy week.
Soccer, school meetings, soccer, end-of-year picnic and carnival, soccer, Girl Scouts, soccer, vet appointments, soccer, and puppy obedience classes. Oh, and more soccer.

The highlight of my week is coming up on Thursday, though, when I get to sneak away with some girlfriends to spend the day with Princess Diana's wedding dress. I can't wait!

What does the week have in store for you? 
I hope it's a good one!








6 comments:

  1. Good luck with Weight Watchers Jessie! I am trying to get rid of those darned extra pounds too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shelby! I might have to resort to actual exercise so I can still enjoy my favorite treats :)

      Delete
  2. those donut holes look dangerously delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're easy-peasy, too! I highly recommend them :)

      Delete
  3. Cheater donuts are on the menu for this weekend, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you read The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls? It's really good.

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every one of your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know what you think.