Thursday, May 10, 2012

Master Bedroom Idea Boards

~Confession Time~


Everyone's house has a dumping ground, right? 

{And if you don't, please don't tell me. Just nod and smile.}

That secret corner, junk drawer, or out-of-the-way closet 
where you can unload miscellaneous household items...

Well, mine is the master bedroom.

It has been neglected since the day we moved in.
The kids' rooms are cute and organized {or they were, at one point}.
The kitchen is remodeled and up-to-date.
Every room but mine has gotten some love.

The master bedroom is the catch-all for all manner of flotsam and jetsam.
Outgrown clothes, destined for eBay, 
various knick-knacks, a homeless mirror.
The ironing board remains set up in the corner. 
all. the. time.
And since I'm being honest... it usually has a mountain of laundry piled on it, 
rendering it useless for ironing... so I just don't iron.

But I can wait no longer.

The master bedroom makeover planning has commenced.
I've finally broken down and semi-learned how to use Polyvore, 
so I put together some inspiration boards

I've got several ideas, but I like them all equally and can't decide.
Chris is no help. 
So I'm turning to you, internet.

The major elements are all the same... but I can't pick a wall and bedding color combo.

Tobacco Road (by Duron) with the blue toile
or Flax (by Restoration Hardware) with the brown toile?



Version 1:



Version 2:




Help a girl out!
I'd love to hear your opinions!

I'm linking up here:

Blog Hops Everyday Friday Blog Hop


14 comments:

  1. Found you on the blog hop!

    Love the look of your blog. Looks like a great place to hang out. Look forward to reading more from you.

    Please stop by whenever you can,

    Thanks
    Tami
    http://www.thethingswefindinside.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right in the middle of decorating our Master Bedroom too and I'm at the point of being overwhelmed with my choices. I like too many different things I think lol. I seriously need to do what you've done and make up some boards! I did that when doing our guestroom and it helped so much.

    I personally really like your version 2 board, I think because of the wall color and beautiful brown toile. Actually both boards look pretty cool!

    I'm a new follower from the Friday Blog Hop and I'd love to have you visit me at my place when you get a chance. Thanks!

    Elaine :) http://athomenabout.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by and offering your input, Elaine! It's really helpful to hear what other people think :)

      Delete
  3. I am a new follower and would love a follow back at http://lefthandedideas.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amanda! Thanks for stopping by :) I will definitely check out your blog!

      Delete
  4. Stopping by from BHE! Great blog, hope to see you at mine soon! :)
    http://acostaeveli.blogspot.com/p/5-day-blog-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome, and thanks for checking out my blog!

      Delete
  5. I found your blog on Blog Hops Everyday. I have to say that I love the first version. I really like the pattern and colors of the bedspread. I think it's gorgeous.

    http://livelyspiritedconfessions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kristyn~ thanks so much for stopping by and offering your feedback. I'm leaning toward the first version myself... but I reserve the right to change my mind (at least a dozen more times)!

      Delete
  6. Hi there! I'm your newest follower, found you through blog hop Friday! I hope you can check out my blog: http://myeverydayshopping.blogspot.com/


    Have a good night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome and thanks for stopping by my blog! I will return the favor right away! :)

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you for the input! I think that's the way I'll end up going :)

      Delete

I read and appreciate every one of your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know what you think.