Tuesday, May 22, 2012

What I Wore: The Pinterest Edition

It's Wednesday, and you know what that means...
Time for another edition of What I Wore, wherein my family continues to question my sanity as I take daily photographs of my clothing.

Fact #1: I feel extremely silly doing this. 
Fact #2: I do it anyway.
I keep at it because it has been so inspiring to see hundreds of other women joining Lindsey in this idea.
pleated poppy
 I love seeing the outfits other women put together, which is probably why I also love Pinterest so much.


My goal for this week was to continue recreating some of my favorite Pinterest outfits with items I already had in my closet.

Pinspiration Outfit #1
I think this one came right from the Shade Clothing website. 
I love her leopard flats. I'm on the look out for a good pair.

Eternity scarf: Shade Clothing
Sweater: Banana Republic
Cargos: Target
Shoes: Skechers 

Pinspiration Outfit #2
This couldn't be more basic, and it's what I'm most comfortable in. Jeans, a tee, and a scarf.
Again, I think it's the shoes that make this outfit extra-special. 
I didn't have any cute stripy flats, but I did have coordinating polka dots on  my sandals.
That counts for something, right?


Tee, scarf, belt, and flips: Target
Jeans: Silver

Pinspiration Outfit #3
Hands down, this is the most re-pinned outfit on my board. I've been looking for a cute, cheap turquoise statement necklace, to finish off this outfit, but I've yet to find just the right one. It's the accessories that really take any of these outfits from boring to cuteness. Since I didn't have that special necklace, I went for some extra fun with my hair accessories. 



Jacket, skirt: Old Navy
Top: Lands End
Cami: Target
Flips: Reef
Necklace: J. Jill 
Wrap bracelet: Banana Republic

Pinspiration Outfit #4:
This is a pretty loose interpretation, but I was working with what I had!


Sweater: Banana Republic
Top: Target
Necklace: Allora Handmade {I get compliments whenever I wear this one}
Jeans: Silver
Sandals: Roxy

Trying to re-create these outfits really made me realize how fun accessories can make an outfit pop. They totally elevate wardrobe basics into something unique and memorable. 
I tend to go for a lot of scarves, but I'm trying to branch out in my jewelry choices as well.
And shoes. I need more shoes. 
Oh, and handbags. Yup, definitely need more of those...
This could get dangerous!

Do you have any favorite accessories? Do you go for one type of accessory more than others? 
Shoes, statement necklaces, purses, scarves, headbands... 
The possibilities are endless!

That's it for this Pinterest-inspired week of outfits. 
If you'd like to follow me on Pinterest, you can find me here.
If you'd like to see more of my "What I Wore" posts, 
you can subscribe to my blog via email, 
or follow me via Google Friends Connect. 
As always, I'd love to hear your thoughts, questions, and comments!
Thanks for stopping by!

32 comments:

  1. lol! The beginning of your post totally made me laugh! And don't you just love Pinterest! It's always a great site to help get ideas from!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! I get outfit ideas, obviously, but also recipes, home decor, and crafty ideas. What's not to love?! ;)

      Delete
  2. Love all your outfits! My family thinks the same of me. ;)
    But it's so much fun!

    ~Courtney~

    love2sisters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, they probably thought I was crazy to begin with, but this just confirms it! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. You always look so put together... I love visiting. Super cute...

    Nicky

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great outfits!!! I think it's awesome how you shared the inspiration outfit, I really need to do that more. LOVE your Old Navy skirt - I have one like that, but it's gray and a bit longer. You orange sweater is adorable too. You can come give me a style-makeover any time you like ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Faith! The fold-over- yoga-waist-thingy (that's its technical name) on the skirt makes it sooo comfy. I think I need it in some other colors!

      Delete
  5. Pretty outfits! You did very good with inspiration outfits. Yours look better than the Pinterest photos. I adore you black and white skirt. LUV. :-)
    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wish I had the shoes from each of the Pinterest outfits, though. Summer shoes are one thing I have a hard time investing in, I just spend most of the summer barefoot. Maybe I will stay barefoot, and only photograph from the ankle up from now on! ;)

      Delete
  6. I love how you duplicated Pinterest looks!!! That's where I get my outfit inspiration too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks~ I love me some Pinterest! ;) And thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

      Delete
  7. Cute outfits! Knit skirts and jeans - right up my alley!

    ~Christy (http://www.christyBphotography.com/blog)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yup, I'm all about choosing comfort first, then worrying about cuteness. Luckily, these outfits combine both!

      Delete
  8. adorable outfits!! I am loving that skirt from ON.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colleen! They have the skirt in lots of other colors, too. I think I might need one!

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love #2 and #4 the most... I'm going to copy! :) Cute clothes week Jessie!!! ~I feel silly taking pictures of myself too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I don't think it's going to get any easier or less awkward either! Thanks for stopping by Shelby!

      Delete
  11. i still feel silly too but I love seeing other's fashion posts! and I love accessories and am getting better at wearing them! I am loving chunkier necklaces!! I need some more. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I am always looking at chunky necklaces, but I'm a bit chicken to commit. They seem so bold... I'll get there, I just have to build up to that boldness, lol!

      Delete
  12. Oh my I feel the same way about taking pictures of myself! Pinterest is a great place for inspiration, thanks for pointing that out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carolyn~ Thanks for stopping by! I use Pinterest all the time for outfit ideas, recipes, and more!

      Delete
  13. So cute! I love all your outfits, they were great! You gotta love pinterest!! I have gotten some really great inspiration from there.
    I have that old navy skirt, isn't it so comfy?

    Take care!
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like wearing yoga pants! What's not to love?! {Okay, the day I wore it was windy, so I had to hold it down every time I went outside. Score one for pants!}

      Delete
  14. I love that you recreate outfits from Pinterest. So smart to shop your own closet...I'm trying to do the same!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As much as I would love to exactly duplicate the originals, reality demands I get creative with what I already have. But necessity is the mother of invention, right? ;)

      Delete
  15. What a great idea to use your pins for inspiration, I have so many and keep forgetting to look back at them when getting dressed.
    Love the second outfit with the striped skirt and denim jacket! Glad I found you through WIWW.

    Raj
    Pink Chai Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Raj~ Thanks for stopping by! I tend to pin things with my own closet in mind, so that helps, but it has made me combine and accessorize in ways I wouldn't have.

      Delete
  16. Yes, we all LOVE PINTEREST!!! I was going to say #1 was my favorite, then #2 and then #3 .......
    Found you on the http://www.thepleatedpoppy.com, wanted to stop by and say hello! pippa
    http://www.shopwithpippa.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pippa! That's really sweet :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

I read and appreciate every one of your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know what you think.