Wednesday, May 16, 2012

What I Wore Wednesday: The Mother's Day Edition

Lately, I'm finding it entirely too easy to remain in my lounge pants all the live-long day. 
I'm editing a textbook from home, so with no where to go and no one to see, there is not much reason for me to shower, let alone get dressed. But in an effort to avoid total slob-status, I did get dolled-up a few times this week. 

~First up, my continuing attempts at Pinterest Interpretation~

This was my jumping off point:


This was my real-life interpretation:


Not an exact copy, but kind of the same flavor.
Sweater: Banana Republic
Scarf and skinnies: Old Navy
Sandals: no idea. They are so old, the brand wore off!

Ok, the next outfit was influenced by the changing Minnesota weather. The morning was chilly, so I started the day with leggings. But it warmed up, so I ended it with bare (and blindingly white) knees. And different boots. Go figure.
Which version do you like better?
Dress: Shade Clothing
Belt: Target
First boots: Keen
Second boots: Macy's
Leggings: Old Navy
Knee Socks: Target
Flower pin: Claire's

Mother's Day is a special occasion, so I felt like it warranted a special outfit, even though I only wore it for a few hours. I spent most of the day in gardening grubs.

Dress: Dress Barn
Cardi: Target
Shoes: Macy's 
Caitlin calls these my "elf shoes" because of their pointy toes. Are pointy-toe shoes "out" now? Do you like them? I thought they might be kind of dorky, but didn't have anything else that matched. More importantly, they are brutally uncomfortable. I think they will have to head to the Goodwill sooner, rather than later.

That's it for this week. 
Thanks for stopping by, and I'd love to hear what you think of this week's WIWW so leave a comment, if you're so inclined.

I'll be linking up with Lindsey for lots more WIWW awesomeness.
pleated poppy



28 comments:

  1. Your Mother's Day dress is so pretty! I like the green dress and boots both ways, but I think my favorite is without the tights, but I definitely understand the need for tights. I wear tights and leggings all the time.
    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I got the Mother's Day dress a few years ago for Easter, and haven't worn it since. It was nice to get some more use out of it. :)

      Delete
  2. Love all your outfits! On the dress with leggings, I like the boot socks paired with the dress! So cute! Loving your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's so nice of you to stop by! :)

      Delete
  3. Your Mother's Day outfit is so pretty! And, I think the shoes look fine.

    ~Christy (http://www.christyBphotography.com/blog)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Christy! I've got to find a new brown pair of heels, those ones are just too uncomfortable to endure again!

      Delete
  4. Love the dress from Shade!!! You look darling in each outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi and thanks for stopping by! The Shade dress is super comfy (all their stuff is, really). I got it in black too, I liked it so much! :)

      Delete
  5. stopping by from the pleated poppy... and i love that green dress... both ways!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lori! I need to get some sun on my legs before I will feel comfortable without the leggings, I think!

      Delete
  6. your interpretation of the outfit is FABULOUS!

    and that polka dot dress!! love it. want it.

    you have a great smile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE that Mother's Day dress. And I like the green outfit with and without leggings--whatever the weather dictates!

    Pointy-toed shoes: I've never liked them; it doesn't matter if it's in or out, it matters if you like them. And if they are uncomfortable, blech! But I'm in the same boat. My only brown pumps are uncomfortable (and hard to walk in), but I can't get rid of them because they're my only brown heels! Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?! They hurt my feet, and I'm not even that crazy about how they look, but they do at least match! The things we do for fashion... lol! Thanks for stopping by, and I appreciate hearing your thoughts. :)

      Delete
  8. You look so cute, I love the green dress!
    Creamy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Emily! :)The dress is super-comfy, too. Love it!

      Delete
  9. Just found you on the link-up at www.thepleatedpoppy.com ... You did great at re-creating the first outfit from pinterest. Also, the polka-dot dress is gorgeous!!! pippa
    www.shopwithpippa.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Pippa! Thanks so much for stopping by! I love your name~ it's so cute :)

      Delete
  10. I'm loving both dresses! :) Well done on the real life version! Love that scarf! Stopping by from the Pleated Poppy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kassi! Thanks so much for stopping by and checking out my blog! :)

      Delete
  11. I love the Mother's Day outfit. Super cute. And I don't think pointy shoes are out. I like the 1st dress combo with the tights. And the first outfit is really cute for a weekend. I love it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kristyn~ Thanks so much for the input! I really appreciate it :) It's like having a girlfriend go shopping and try on clothes with you~ I'll take all the advice I can get!

      Delete
  12. i love your style;) You look fabulous in all you wear! :)gina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, shucks~ Thanks, Gina! And thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  13. Very cute, every single one. You have a gorgeous smile woman. :)

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every one of your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know what you think.