Wednesday, May 2, 2012

What I Wore

It's been a busy week, with a wild mix of weather, so I have lots of diverse outfits to share. I made a concerted effort to break out of my cardigan routine, but you'll have to be the judge of how well I did.

Monday- no cardigan, but pretty blah. My least favorite outfit of the week. 
Shirt: Gap
Posy hair clip (the outfit's only redeeming feature): The Pleated Poppy


Tuesday
Whew. Cardi's back and I'm feeling much more comfy. 
Tunic/dress thingy: Macy's (a long time ago)
Cardi, belt shoes: Target
Skinnies: Old Navy
Petal Pushers: The Pleated Poppy


Wednesday
Cold+ blustery+ rainy= the return of the wool leggings.
Dress: Shade Clothing
Leggings: Smartwool
Boots: Keen
Jacket: Old Navy
Scarf: Target

Also, Chris has been off work for the last few days, so I didn't have to do self-portraits with my iPhone. Although it was kind of embarrassing posing for him!


Saturday
I thought Caitlin ought to get in on this one since she was all dressed up to go to my sister's shower. She loves anything that meets her idea of a "British girl" outfit (read: anything Hermione Granger might wear), and this ensemble fit the bill, apparantely.

Caitlin's outfit: Janie and Jack
My outfit
Jacket: Christopher and Banks (on clearance right now for 70% off! Thanks for the tip, Katie!)
Scarf: Target
Flower pin: Claire's

Tuesday
Hmmm, I wasn't sure about this one. I was a bit self-conscious about my white legs so I threw the jeans on, ala last Tuesday's outfit. But I don't know that it worked as well here. What do you think?
Dress: Macy's
Cardi: Target
Shoes: Anne Klein

That's it for this week. I'll be linking up with Lindsey again for WIWW, as well as Nina of Momma Go Round for Real Momma, Real Style.

28 comments:

  1. I think you need to be my personal shopper. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh! That would be a fun job! Where do I sign up?!

      Delete
  2. Your outfits are all so cute! Wish I knew how you tied your scarf. I need to learn new ways to wear them since I'm always cold and love to wear scarves.
    ~Christy (http://www.christyBphotography.com/blog)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! There's lots of great scarf tutorials out there... that's how I learned! Here's one from Jones Design: http://jonesdesigncompany.com/fashion/w-i-w-and-tying-a-scarf/

      And one I pinned on my style pinboard; it's just really cool videography:
      http://pinterest.com/pin/112590059403843155/

      Hope that helps! :)

      Delete
  3. Love the flower detail on a few of your outfits!! So darling - and girly!! My fave is definitely the striped dress with boots, scarf and jean jacket - so dang cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! That outfit is so comfy... it feels like cheating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all your outfits! I especially like that you tried a dress over jeans. I've been wanting to try that. I think it looks great on you. I've been posing for my husband too and I feel like a cook. He's getting into this photography thing though. ;-)
    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the dress over jeans thing inspired some weird looks from the hubs... I could tell he was wondering if I had done it on purpose, or if I had just failed to finish dressing!

      Delete
  6. Oh, ya, I wanted to tell you this. I think you kinda look like Beth Moore. Do you know who she is?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know who she was, but google helped me out :)
      Thank you for the comparison! She's lovely!

      Delete
  7. I love your outfit choices...esp the striped dress, scarf and boots one. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's really comfy too, just like wearing a big teeshirt!

      Delete
  8. Love your looks! You have great taste. I especially like teh 2nd one.
    Creamy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The 2nd outfit was my favorite too :)

      Delete
  9. I LOVE the polka dot dress jeans AND shoes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And I love your blog name, so clever! I'm a sucker for word-play ;)

      Delete
  10. LOVE your tuesday outfit!! the belt and flowers are great accessories! and LOVE your polka dress and those shoes! all are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Katie! The shoes are super cute, but they make my toes go numb... and yet, I continue to wear them. Sometimes it's cute over comfort, lol!

      Delete
  11. Just happened to come upon your blog through the pleated poppy - so glad I did. You are lovely and your style is GREAT! I don't know how I feel about pants with dresses, but you certainly pulled it off! You look so cute. I LOVE, love, LOVE your blue and white shoes - wherever did you find them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Onica! The shoes are Anne Klein "Wysandra." I got them through Zappos, but it was years ago and I can't find them there now. You might try eBay, though if you're looking for something similar. Hope that helps, and thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  12. very cute outfits. my 2 favourites are the dresses with the jeans underneath. The last dress is awesome the polka dots the white piping so cute. And your daughter is cute in her outfit too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ania! Yes, my daughter was tickled to be included in a WIW post. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  13. so cute! Love the last outfit, but they are all fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you liked it, I wasn't sure if it "worked" but rolled with it anyway and I think it turned out ok!

      Delete
  14. Hi Jessie,

    I'm from Shade. I'd like permission to pin your post on Pinterest about the striped Empire Dress you're wearing. Do you mind e-mailing me when you have a moment?

    Thanks,
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking out my blog, Kristina. I love Shade and wear their tanks religiously! I just sent you an email, but I forgot to mention that you can see the same dress styled a bit differently (plus a few other Shade items) in the WIW post from April 13th. http://dreamanddiffer.blogspot.com/2012/04/what-i-wore.html
      Hope that helps :)

      Delete
    2. Hi Jessie,

      Unfortunately, I didn't get your e-mail. Do you mind resending it? I'd post my work e-mail here but I don't want to for obvious reasons.

      Thanks,
      Kristina

      Delete
    3. Hi Kristina, I can't send you an email, as your address/contact information is not included on your Blogger profile. You're welcome to email me at jessieruhl{at}gmail{dot}com

      Delete

I read and appreciate every one of your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know what you think.