Monday, June 11, 2012

Hello, Monday




Hello, Monday! Welcome to another beautiful summer week. It is the first full week of summer vacation for our family, and the first week of our crazy sports schedule. I'm not sure when my kids decided to be jocks, but it is a full-blown lifestyle now.
Hello, 4+ hours per day of watching youth sports.
Softball, baseball, soccer, swimming.
Thank goodness for my Kindle.

Hello, re-dedication to my diet. I abandoned any pretense of watching what I eat over the weekend. I mean, why bother to even try when faced with these beauties:

Chocolate Cupcakes with Vanilla Swiss Meringue Buttercream
Resistance is futile.
You can find the recipe here:
They really are the best chocolate cupcake ever, but it's the frosting that clinches the deal. Silky, smooth and not too sweet: perfection.

Hello, sunburn.
The kids and I went to a parade on Saturday and I asked Caitlin to apply sunblock to my back. As a result, I have a white, non-burned blob in between my shoulder blades, surrounded by a whole lot of lovely red sunburn. It is very attractive.
Before the parade started, Caitlin and her Girl Scout troop walked the route to collect food shelf donations. So Hunter and I had some waiting to do. He kept busy with his favorite form of literature, the graphic novel.

She's got a whole mouth full of hard-earned parade candy. It's hard to smile around that much candy, but she gave it a try.

I always feel bad for the marching bands dressed in black. It was almost 90 degrees. These kids had to be roasting.

Total concentration~ no way were they gonna miss out on any candy.

That's it for this Monday. I have to run out the door or we'll be late for baseball.
I'm joining Lisa for her weekly "hello" to the new week. 
Hope your Monday is a great one!


Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. I love a parade. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cupcakes look delish! I'd break my diet for them too. ;-)
    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the first time I'd used this recipe, but it's a keeper for sure!

      Delete
  3. mmmm cupcakes! love your blog so glad I found it earlier! Now following ;D

    Xo Megan

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every one of your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know what you think.