Wednesday, June 13, 2012

More of What I Wore


I like to shop. A lot. But I have a bit of a champagne taste/beer budget situation going on, so I don't shop nearly as much as I would like. One way I can curb my retail urges is to shop my own closet. I like to try to remix basics to put a new spin on them. It's a new skill for me, so I always appreciate some expert guidance. 
Enter Raj of Pink Chai Style.
This girl has got such great fashion mojo. Want proof? Check out this post. Or this one.
She even wrote an ebook that is chock-full of great ideas on how to shop your closet.
{that is the title, after all!}
You can check it out here, and be inspired to remix your own wardrobe!

I was on a roll this week: five picture-worthy outfits and two of them were even dresses.
Gingham camp shirt- Old Navy
Tank, capris- Target
Slides- Born via a yard sale

Sweater- ModCloth
Tank- Lands End
Capris- Target
Sandals- Roxy

Jacket- Old Navy
Dress- Target
Petal Pusher- The Pleated Poppy
Sandals- my mom 

All dressed up for my grandparents' 60th wedding anniversary party.
Dress- ModCloth
Shoes- Naturalizer

Winter returned this week. I ended up with a jacket on over all these layers in order to endure two hours of baseball.
Vest, tee- Lands End
Scarf- ModCloth
Jeans- Silver
Shoes- Skechers

Our crazy Minnesota weather makes choosing clothes that much harder. One day it's 90, the next is 50. True story. You can never actually put away your warm clothes! What's the weather like where you live? Do you have the same problem, or are you one of those lucky San Diego dwellers, where it's always 72 and sunny? {Don't tell me if you are or I might ask to visit.}

I'll be joining Lindsey for her weekly WIWW party.
Stop on over and check it out. It's a wellspring of inspiration!
pleated poppy
I'll also be linking up with Two Thirty-five Designs for her Casual Friday party.

Photobucket

23 comments:

  1. I have that Target dress you're wearing in the third picture. I love how you styled it with a jean jacket -- why didn't I think of that?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lindsay! I throw that jacket on with everything. I also wore it with outfits #2 and #4!

      Delete
  2. I love your Target dress with the jean jacket!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kimberly~ I've gotten a lot of use out of that jacket :) It serves me well!

      Delete
  3. Nice outfits! You always look pretty and put together. I love your striped dress you wore to the anniversary party. It's beautiful. Going to check out those links for fashion advice right now! Thanks. :-)
    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I agonized about ordering that dress online; it's so hard to know how things will fit. But luck was with me; I got it in time for the party and it even fit! ;)

      Delete
  4. The anniversary dress is sooo pretty! How funny to see a bundle of summer outfits and then a winter one. Unpredictable weather is kind of fun but you always have to be ready!

    Carolyn http://sillyhappysweet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carolyn! You're right; I like to complain about the weather, but I wouldn't have it any other way!

      Delete
  5. Thanks so much for sharing my e-book! I'm blushing a little over here:)

    Raj
    Pink Chai Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome! I'm happy to share it~ it's a great resource!

      Delete
    2. *You're* not your. The English major in me is stricken to the core when I do stuff like that!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks, Megan! Layers are a staple for me. I'm always cold!

      Delete
  7. Will you come "restyle" my closet? :) I'm sick of my stuff. You look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute stuff this week Jessie! As usual! I decided I need to visit Modcloth! Cute! I feel ya with the weather.. you saw my scarf hat and sweater day!! I try not to get jealous when I see all these girls on here dressed for summer every day!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shelby! And I totally sympathized when I saw your "winter" outfit! Your boots are so darn cute though, I would look for any excuse to wear them!

      Delete
  9. that weather change is hard! I want that gingham shirt - so cute!! and your hair looks beautiful! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so sweet Katie! Thank you! Old Navy has the gingham shirt in other colors too... ;)
      {Not that I was tempted to buy it in multiples. Nope. Not me.}

      Delete
  10. I love all your outfits. I understand the crazy weather. I live in Ky and the weather changes all the time!
    Blessings,
    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cyndi! Thanks so much for stopping by! The rapidly-changing weather is never boring anyway, lol!

      Delete
  11. These are so great, Jessie! ...and you can always come visit San Francisco any time you'd like. :)
    -Hallie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, careful Hallie, or I'll show up on your doorstep with the entire family in tow! ;)

      Delete

I read and appreciate every one of your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know what you think.