Tuesday, June 26, 2012

What I Wore: The Pinspiration Continues

Hey y'all!
{I'm not southern, but I like to pretend I am.}
I just wanted to start by saying thanks for all your sweet comments about my master bedroom
Y'all made my day!
On to today's business: What I Wore Wednesday, the brain-child of Lindsey at The Pleated Poppy.
Every week she hosts a link-party in order to encourage and inspire both the floundering fashionistas {like me} and the real-deal-fashion-queens. You can check it out here:
pleated poppy
I've continued to rely heavily on Pinterest for outfit ideas. I have to admit, I'm just not a summer clothes person. I'm much more comfy in jeans, boots, and a sweater. 
But I digress. On to this week's outfits.
Here's the Pinterest version:
Source: jcrew.com via Sophie on Pinterest

I love anything with leopard print on it, so this one was a fave.
Here's my interpretation:
Tee: Macy's
Skirt: Ralph Lauren
Necklace: I made it!
Wedges: Old Navy
Shades: Ray-Ban

 Pinterest outfit:

Alas, this one was better off in virtual than in actual reality.
I do not have any cute khaki shorts, nor do I have the long, tan legs to do them justice.
Somehow the mom-capris just aren't the same.
My version:
Striped tee: Old Navy
Scarf: ModCloth
Mom Capris {Mompris?}: Lee 
Petal Pusher: The Pleated Poppy
Necklace {worn as bracelet}: Fossil

 I don't have a specific Pinterest outfit that inspired this last one because a large number of my style pins are, in fact, based on some version of this same outfit. Jeans, tee, fun accessories. Definitely my "uniform"of choice.
Scarf: Lands End
Tee: Mossimo via Target
Jeans: Silver
Bag: Fossil
Shades: Ray-Ban
Interested in seeing more of my pins? 
Check them out here.
Thanks for stopping by! Have a great Wednesday!
Photobucket

20 comments:

  1. I have to say I honestly love all your outfits this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so cute! I love the scarves and shirts like that and I love the blue pin in your coral scarf, so cute!! Stopping by from WIWW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and for your sweet comment!

      Delete
  3. Oh, wow! Love the pinspiration and how you show it.
    Excellent choices. The animal print is a favorite of mine too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Leopard and other animal prints used to kind of intimidate me, but I've learned to embrace them wholeheartedly!

      Delete
  4. I LOVE that you pin and apply (and share the pins with us). Leopard is a fave of mine too - love the blue with it! I also like to pretend I am southern too ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! I say "y'all" in my head all the time. Somehow it doesn't really mesh with my Minnesota accent in real life. ;-)

      Delete
  5. How clever are you!? Wearing a necklace as a bracelet! Cute as ever Miss Jessie!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shelby! I had it on my neck at first, but you couldn't see it with the scarf. I had to improvise!

      Delete
  6. It's all cute! But, I adore the leapard print skirt. So pretty.
    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm a big leopard-lover, so this skirt is in heavy rotation in my wardrobe.

      Delete
  7. Love all of these and love that you are using your pins! I need to be better about that...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the third one the best.they are all cute though. Visiting from wiww.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did a great job reinventing these Pinterest looks! And I think no.2 looks just fine! Love the pops of coral & teal!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look fabulous! I love that we can see your inspiration to compare! Do you get hot in the scarves since it is summer? Way cute!
    Carolyn http://sillyhappysweet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love them all! You may not like the outfit with the stripes and capris but it looks great! My fave. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your wearable and cute take on these looks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your Pinspiration idea! And all of your outfits are great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all of these outfits but I think the last one is my favorite! Great job putting them all together. I also get inspiration from Pinterest and am wanting to put together a post like yours! Found your blog through the link up - and your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every one of your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know what you think.