Wednesday, June 6, 2012

What I Wore When I Was Not Painting

I have spent the vast majority of the past week either painting my bedroom walls or furniture, so I didn't often get out of my grubs. But we had a host of school-related events to fit in as well, so I did scrape the paint off and get dressed a few times. 

Thursday~ Caitlin had a school concert and we went out for fro-yo afterwards. Still lovin' on my new sandals and orange tee. The colors in this just felt summery to me, even when the weather was not quite there yet {hence the jeans and sweater}.
Cardi, tee, sandals- Target
Jeans- Gap
Necklace- Old Navy

Friday~ I chaperoned Hunter's field day at a local park and garden. I was definitely going for comfort over style.









Tee- Boden
Jeans- Target
Shoes-Keens

Monday- This was another "Pinspired" number. 
This was the original:

And this was my {loose} interpretation:


I didn't know what to do with my scarf/belt. Do you tie it in a bow? Let it dangle? I ended up taking it off. 





And here's a sneak peak at my room {the one I've been painting}. I love, love, love my new full length Ikea mirror... so I thought I'd take a picture in it.

Dress- Roxy via TJ Maxx
Jacket and Tee- Old Navy
Sandals- Reef

Thanks for joining me for another WIWW.
As usual, I will be linking up with the lovely Lindsey and all the other crazy/awesome self-portrait taking women in blogland. 
Check 'em out. Be inspired. Rock on.
pleated poppy






Photobucket

19 comments:

  1. All of it gorgeous! Again, love the hair!! You made me remember my trouser jeans tucked in the back of my closet too. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Victoria! I love trouser jeans and have several pairs :)

      Delete
  2. Love the yellow sash you added to your shorts. Very cute. I like your casual style.
    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know what to do with the bow thingy, and it was driving me nuts, lol. I don't do well with change apparently!

      Delete
  3. So, you look super cute in all these outfits! I think our styles are quite similar - comfort and casual!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is definitely what I focus on. I don't care how cute something is, if I'm not comfy, it ain't happenin' {or at least not for very long!}. Thanks for stopping by, Ashley!

      Delete
  4. Super cute outfits! You are too cute! Do you use a curling iron on your hair? If so, what size barrel do you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beth! Thanks for stopping by! Yes, I do use a curling iron... in the first three pics I had used a 1 1/2" barrel curling iron, and in the last photo I used a 1" barrel. I am a big fan of Kate at The Small Things Blog http://www.thesmallthingsblog.com/. Her styling tutorials are awesome!

      Delete
  5. Cute looks! I especially love the last one. I am now following you!!
    Creamy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Emily! I'll be sure to return the follow! :)

      Delete
  6. I am not participating in this link up today. I just like to see what everyone is wearing and realize I dress like a slob. Such cute outfits you have put together and I love your hair cut!

    following you now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Kimberly! I always get inspired to try new things when I check out other WIWW posters :)

      Delete
  7. love the navy and yellow!

    http://forallthatjas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jas! It's one of my favorite color-combos, too. :)

      Delete
  8. I think your scarf/belt looks super cute and I love the blue and yellow too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shelby! I think I need to try the scarf-as-belt thing again, so I can get used to it!

      Delete
  9. love the pink and the orange together!! i also love the purse you pinned - so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I think that purse is darling too! Thanks for stopping by, Katie!

      Delete
  10. The outfits are obviously good, but can I just say your hair this week rocked! How do you get that awesome volume? What's the secret?

    Raj
    Pink Chai Style

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every one of your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know what you think.