Tuesday, June 19, 2012

WIWW: One Dress, Two Ways


Welcome back to another round of What I Wore Wednesday, wherein the adorable Lindsey, of Pleated Poppy fame, hosts a weekly link-up of like-minded ladies in order to share fashion inspiration and motivation.  
pleated poppy
I've been joining WIWW for the last few months and it has truly helped me be more creative in my clothing choices and has motivated me to get dressed up a lot more often. 

Till this week.
I blame summer. 
It's hot, we went swimming or played in the sprinkler, I spent hours watching soccer/baseball/softball in the sun and wind, I was in the garden, it's Tuesday, etc. 
I've got all kinds of excuses, but the long and short of it is that I've only got one dress to show you this week. The good news is, I am lazy and wore the same dress twice in one week.

Round 1:
Dress, belt, cardi: Target
Shoes: Naturalizer
Extender slip: A Slip Shop (Etsy)

Round 2:
Dress, cardi: Target
Sandals: Roxy

That's it, folks. 
One dress, two ways: the lazy resourceful girl's guide to getting dressed.
So which version do you like better? I'm kinda partial to the pink version, myself.

Hope you enjoyed this {admittedly abbreviated} edition of WIWW.
And now, if you'll excuse me, I must go run through the sprinkler!
Photobucket
I'll also be linking up at Two Thirty-Five Designs for Casual Friday.

18 comments:

  1. very cute! I'm partial the white, but I wear white more than normal humans and belts with everything...so there ya go! I love easy dresses though, they make the summer more manageable.

    www.seewhatiseadesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I like the white ,too. But, the pink was more comfy, sans belt. :)

      Delete
  2. I love that dress! It looks really cute both ways too. I wore a dress for this WIWW too. I think they are perfect in the summer.
    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And you're right about dresses; they are the perfect choice for summer. I hate having anything "clingy" on when I'm hot, so a dress works great.

      Delete
  3. love the dress! will look for it in Target. You can wear it with alot of different things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the dress is from last year, but I saw a similar option at Target recently. They've always got cute stuff. Good luck!

      Delete
  4. Love both looks but the first is my favorite! Love that you layered an extender slip underneath. So pretty and adds visual interest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank, Lindsay! The slip is my new favorite clothing item. It provides just enough coverage that I feel comfortable in several skirts and dresses that used to make me self-conscious.

      Delete
  5. Though I adore the shoes with your pink version, I must say I'm also a fan of the white - it's just so lovely. Now I need to go to Target...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jessica! Target is full of cute dresses, but, unfortunately this one is from last year.

      Delete
  6. I love the extender slip idea. I'm going to try that:) Looking good as usual!

    Raj
    Pink Chai Style

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, they actually look different because of the white slip! I love that idea and haven't seen it before. Your heeled shoes are really cute too. Was that a recent Target dress because I love "denim" looking dresses. Just saw you got it last year...bummer.
    Carolyn http://sillyhappysweet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute! I love the dress, and it looks fantastic both ways. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it with the slip! I've been looking for a slip like that so thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been wanting to do a similar post showcasing an item in several different outfits... maybe next week! Love the look of adding a longer slip to change up the look of a dress/skirt. Thanks for stopping by my blog!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the belt with the dress...but both ways are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what cute outfits, I love the dress. I think my favourite option would be to wear it with the extender slip and the pink cardi.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My opinion. You could wear a paper bag and still look fashionable and beautiful. Love Auntie P.S. I like the dress with the extender slip most because I want one just like it.

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every one of your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know what you think.