Tuesday, July 17, 2012

What I Wore {On the Rare Occasion I Actually Get Dressed}





I'm afraid my What I Wore Wednesday posts have gone from bad to worse. In fact, you might say {if you're inclined to make lame puns} that this is not so much a What I Wore post, as What a Snore.
It's hot, I've been painting, it's hot: I've got the usual litany of excuses, but I'll spare you from them and get right to business.
My one outfit for the week. I wore this to church on Sunday, but changed as soon as I got home.
{Please excuse the gas can collection in the garage window. Finding a decent backdrop where the neighbors can't see me taking photos is difficult, to say the least.}




Zebra-esque dress: The Dress Barn {a long time ago}
Wedges: Old Navy {also, a long time ago}

WIWW is supposed to motivate stay-at-home moms to get out of their lounge pants and put some effort into their appearance. I guess I could look at my one photo and think "Oh, I'm doing horribly. I only got dressed once this week." 
But I'm a glass-half-full kinda girl, so I choose to think,
"Woo-hoo, I got dressed once this week!"
Heaven knows, I probably wouldn't have without WIWW.

And just for giggles,
This is what most of my WIWW photos look like:

Off center, with various kids and animals in the shot. 
I usually end up taking at least a half dozen shots, just to get one normal one.
What about the rest of you WIWW participants? How many photos do you usually take in order to get one you're willing to post on the internet?



Photobucket
I'll be linking up here:
pleated poppy

10 comments:

  1. Firstly, your hair is amazing. I don't think I could get my hair to look like that ever! And that outfit is perfect on you. Happy Wednesday!

    Veralynn
    joiedeveralynn.blogspot.com

    PS I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Veralynn! Thanks for the sweet words and the follow!

      Delete
  2. You make me laugh cause I feel the same way. These women take such great pictures of themselves. I am working on it. I asked my friend to take a picture of me and my outfit but I preferred the one I took on self timer. Each week I try to get better but your right I need a place where no one can see me outside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I may take 10 pics for every decent one...lol I am very critical of myself!
    Love your dress! New follower from WWW. hope to get a follow back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't want the neighbors to see me either :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look lovely! You made getting dressed one time this week worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your dress! You look really pretty. I'm doing terribly with WIWW too. I'm blaming it on the heat, but honestly, it's me.

    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look lovely! Gorgeous dress:)
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every one of your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know what you think.