Tuesday, July 31, 2012

What I Wore Wednesday and an August Challenge

Don't hate me for saying it, but I don't like the month of August.
Every year, when August rolls around, I find myself yearning for the cooler weather of fall. By this time, I'm tired of watering my garden and am more than ready to be back in our school-year routine. As for getting dressed- ugh- by August I am desperate for my turtleneck sweaters. And, although every women's magazine out there claims summer is time for low-maintenance beauty routines, between shaving my legs, fighting what the humidity does to my hair, and maintaining my pedicure, I am dreaming of the comfort of my wintertime layers.

So, in order to get through the hazy-lazy days of August, I am setting myself a little WIWW challenge.
In August, I will don at least 4 WIWW- worthy outfits each week.
A modest goal, yes, but it's more than I've been able to muster in July.
And if I strive to attain this goal with the same dedication I apply to diets...
{Full Disclosure Ahead!}
...you can fully expect lots of excuses and cheating.

On to this week's WIWW outfits.
I will, of course, be linking up with Lindsey at The Pleated Poppy.
pleated poppy

We had dentist appointments this week, and since our dentist keeps his office at a sub-zero temperature, I was able to get away with jeans.

Cardi: Old Navy
Tee, Sandals: Target
Jeans: Silver

Caitlin and I had a girls day on Saturday. She has been desperate to go school shopping, so we spent the morning at the mall. Her favorite purchase? Notebooks. Not the clothes, shoes, or cute accessories we bought. Nope. Notebooks.

Jacket: Gap
Dress: Target
Cami: Shade Clothing
Petal Pushers: The Pleated Poppy
Slip extender: A Slip Shop {Etsy}

I always used to save my dresses for special occasions, but lately I've been busting them out for everyday. I wore this one to church on Sunday.

Dress: ModCloth
Cardi: Target
Pearls: Macys
Sandals: Naturalizers
Slip Extender: A Slip Shop {Etsy}

Thanks for stopping by and have a great Wednesday!
Photobucket

17 comments:

  1. as always such cute outfits! I can't wait for the Fall! enjoy the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kimberly! Hope you have a great week, too! :)

      Delete
  2. Love the dresses! That's my go to in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your goal. And slip extension is genius!

    Cute outfits! Yeah for dresses too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the school shopping outfit. and thanks for the slip extender link I am going to go check those out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cassi~ the slip extender has opened up a ton of outfits for me, with dresses and skirts that were previously a bit short for my comfort. Plus it just adds a bit of interest to any outfit. They are definitely a good investment!

      Delete
  5. i love the slip extender too! so so cute, and adds a ton to the outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh love the slip extender! Found your blog through the p,elated poppy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am loving all of your outfits! Too cute!

    Saying hi from the pleated poppy :)
    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Breanna, Thanks for stopping by! And happy Wednesday to you, too!

      Delete
  8. love your cute blog and your outfits! I LOVE the slip extenders, I was just looking at them on etsy (The SAME shop haha) and I literally had dreams about ordering one the other night!!! haha! seeing it on you reminded me to pop over to her shop...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Slip Shop was really great to work with. I definitely recommend them. :) In fact, I think I need to get a few more slips in different styles ;)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. Looking lovely as always! Dresses are my favourite summer outfits...just one thing; no need to think about matching or layering. Love the blue one you chose for church.

    Raj
    Pink Chai Style

    ReplyDelete
  10. All adorable! You look gorgeous in turquoise!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your outfits! I like the idea of wearing dresses for everyday too and not just saving them. It makes an ordinary day special. :-)
    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that your daughter loves her notebooks! I'm a teacher, and I go crazy with the back-to-school sales. I got excited about school supplies when I was a kid. I don't like August either for the reason that school is just right around the corner, and I still need another couple of weeks of vacation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I found your blog through the Pleated Poppy and LOVE IT!!! Excited to follow you! Your description of August had me rolling because I am feeling all those things too! Love the outfits, I so want a slip extender!!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every one of your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know what you think.