Tuesday, August 14, 2012

What I Wore: August, Week 2

It's Wednesday again, and that means I'll be linking up at 
The Pleated Poppy for What I Wore Wednesday.
I almost made it to my my 4-picture goal this week, but camping over the weekend kind of threw me off. And I was on my own for picture taking last week, since both kids were away at camp, so it was back to mirror self-portraits.

Kids at camp meant Chris and I got a date night. Woo-hoo!
What did we do on our hot date, you ask? We ran errands and ate at the Olive Garden.
I know. We're crazy like that.
Such a wild date deserved an equally wild outfit... so I broke out the khakis.
{Please note: heavy sarcasm in use.}
Tee, Khakis: Old Navy
Cami: Shade Clothing
Slides: Born {via a garage sale}
Sweater: Banana Republic
Tee: Target
Flower pin: Claire's
Capris: Lee
Wedges: Old Navy

I like empire waists: they are uber-comfy. But, upon viewing this picture, I have to say they are not altogether flattering. It looks a bit too maternity-wear for my taste...
What do you think?
Tee: Boden
Mom-capris: same as above
Flats: Target

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great week! 
Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. Cute! Like the striped top a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, April! It's really versatile, so I get a lot of use out of it :)

      Delete
  2. I like the empire waist on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kimberly! Comfort always trumps any other concerns for me, so I'll keep wearing empire waists, lol! :)

      Delete
  3. I love the color of the shoes and top in the last picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cassi! I always think funs shoes can totally make an outfit!

      Delete
  4. I love your little cardigan, it is still way to hot here. BTW your hair is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, DeeAnna! :) It's a great summer-weight cardi, adding coverage, but not bulk. Definitely a favorite of mine! :)

      Delete
  5. super cute outfits, I especially love the outfit with the striped shirt!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kate! That was my fave this week, too!

      Delete
  6. Cute outfits! All of them. Love that striped tee on the first day.
    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute outfits this week. I had a date night with hubby this past week, too and we were home by 9:00pm because we wanted to watch the Olympics. Ah, married life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute outfits! Love the striped shirt look especially with the layered red top. Popping over from WIWW.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with LIndsay, layering the striped T with red was a great choice. Your outfits are always well put together. I think making a picture goal is a great idea too. I need to do that even if it means self-portraits. No harm in that :) Stopping by from WIWW.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all the outfits! ;) And I think you look great in the empire top, not pregnant at all. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every one of your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know what you think.