Wednesday, August 29, 2012

WIWW: August, Week 4

It seems like this week flew by. Can it really be Wednesday already?!
Join me over at The Pleated Poppy for all the fun, motivation, and inspiration of What I Wore Wednesday.
pleated poppy
I did pretty well taking pictures this week (a rarity). Let's take a look, shall we?
 
For the last several years, I have taught English and ESL classes at a local university. This week marks the start of the academic year and it kind of made me miss dressing up in my "teacher clothes." Even though I will be staying home to teach my son this year, there's no reason I can't still dress for my teaching job.  So I broke out the practical staple of every teacher's wardrobe: the cardigan.
Leopard cardi: Old Navy
Tee, trouser jeans: Target
Shoes: El Naturalista
 
Cardi, tee, shoes: Target
Jeans: Silver
I get a lot of questions about my hair, and I just wanted to take a second to give a shout out to Kate at The Small Things Blog. She has no idea I exist, but I follow her hair tutorials religiously (and her product recommendations, and her fashion and makeup advice). Seriously. She is my guru.
Case in point:
The Perfectly Pretty as shown by Kate on Monday
and The Perfectly Pretty as worn by me on Tuesday!
{note to self: work on reverse photography skills}

Up next is an outfit that seemed fun in theory, but in reality didn't pan out so well.
This skirt is actually a dress, a fact I may have been able to hide if it it hadn't crept up over the top of my belt and looked all weird.
I've been trying to use different, unexpected color combos, as well {see the orange flats in the above outfit} but I'm not sure this one worked. What do you think?
Tee, belt: Target
Dress/skirt: Old Navy
Slip Extender: The Slip Shop, Etsy
Shoes: Macy's
Necklace: Allora Handmade

Finally, Saturday was my baby sister's wedding and I searched long and hard for the perfect dress. I found a cute one, but it couldn't hold a candle to the one my grandma wore. She rocked a darling vintage dress that belonged to her mother. Isn't she beautiful? {My grandpa's pretty good lookin', too.}
On me:
Dress: Lands End
Shoes, necklace: Macy's
Belt: Target
Thanks for stopping by and have a great Wednesday!
Photobucket 
I'll also be linking up here:

23 comments:

  1. You are adorable. I teach English at a university too! I always try to buy teacher clothes that can be mixed and matched with casual clothes. You are doing a great job with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I miss the back-to-school craziness this year, but it's nice to be home, too. :)

      Delete
  2. You always look so cute! I follow Kate too. She has some great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kimberly! Isn't Kate awesome? I would never have found Aquage Uplifting Foam without her! ;)

      Delete
  3. what a wonderful wardrobe! I love it all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your leapord print sweater is beautiful and I wish I had one just like it!


    <3 Daryl
    Roots, Wings & Other Things
    $100 Anthropologie Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Daryl! Keep an eye on Old Navy for leopard prints, it seems like they've been doing similar items pretty regularly. I love leopard, so I'm always on the look out for more!

      Delete
  5. I actually love that color combo - you look adorable!

    preethi
    lace, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Preethi! And thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  6. Your grandparents are adorable. You grammy's dress is gorgeous! Yours is really pretty too. Looks wonderful on you. I think I'll have to check out that blog you mentioned with the hair tutorials. I need hair help. ;-)

    Great outfits this week. I love that animal print cardi. I really think I need a piece of animal print this fall. I always admire it on others.
    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you need hair help, definitely check out Kate's blog. It is awesome!

      I always think of leopard as a neutral- it goes with everything. I can't get enough of it!

      Delete
  7. Your outfits are great again this week. I think I write that same message every week over here! I guess there is no secret I love your style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww~ thanks, Nicole! I love your sweet comments! :)

      Delete
  8. Love the leopard and the gingham!

    Lindsey
    http://thriftandshout.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's official Jessie! When the time is right, the dress is yours. I may want to wear it one more time~ Love you,xo Gram:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such cute outfits! I love the gingham skirt like that! Chop it off and make something new!
    Stopping in from WIWW!

    Sheena @ A Girl's Guide to Retail Therapy
    http://sheenaashlock.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look great as always! Especially love the second look, very geek chic. Gonna go check out those hair tutorials now!

    Raj
    Pink Chai Style

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look adorable in all of these pictures - that blue skirt is amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. These outfits are so pretty. I especially love those cardigans! :)

    -Mary @ stylethatmoves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think you look adorable in everything, and I especially love how you combined the blue and white dress/skirt with the orange top. I love bright color combos.

    I think it's awesome that you will be homeschooling your son this year. I know you'll be great! I homeschooled for 16 years, all the way through to graduation. So for me, fall makes me a little nostalgic remembering all the years of getting our new books and supplies, etc. However, I am loving the free time now, lol!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every one of your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know what you think.