Monday, September 10, 2012

Hello Monday!

Hello, Monday and welcome to a new week!  I am excited to start this week, our first full week of homeschool. Hunter will be starting to meet with his Chinese tutor this week and we've got some fun history projects planned, including making an Egyptian pyramid out of sugar cubes. Can't wait!
 
Hello to all the good memories from a fun weekend spent with my daughter. We got to participate in a really fun weekend-long Girls Scout event this past weekend and we both had so much fun. It was a blast!
 We got to hang out in a treehouse, high above the lake and we took part in a murder-mystery. We learned to knit and cross-stitch. We did some crazy-fun crafting, like making sand-candles and scrapbooks out of paper lunch bags. Best of all, we got to be together all weekend, with no distractions. It was amazing and something we'll both remember forever.

 
Hello to a day of remembrance. Like everyone else, I will always remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when I heard about the attacks on 9/11. Last year was the first time we really talked about the events of 9/11 with our children. It was not easy, but we felt they were old enough to understand what happened and how it impacted the world. We'll be taking time on Tuesday to again reflect, honor, and remember those who lost their lives on that day and in the years since.
 
Hello to a day of celebration spent with family. On Friday my aunt is getting married, so the kids and I are heading out of town for the wedding. I can't wait to see all my family from this side, since many of them live far away. Now I just need to figure out what to wear...
 
I hope your week is filled with blessings!
 I'll be joining Lisa Leonard in greeting the new week with her "Hello, Monday" link-up. 
Have a great Monday!
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great weekend! Making that sugar-cube pyramid sounds fun too. Awesome that your son is learning Chinese. Hope you have a great Monday!

    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was a great weekend, and the week ahead looks fun, too! :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Girl Scouts is a great organization. I am so glad Cait can be a part of it! :)

      Delete

I read and appreciate every one of your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know what you think.