Saturday, September 29, 2012

Kitchen Tour and 31 Days

 It is a gorgeous fall day, so naturally, I elected to spend the entire day inside cleaning. In light of this ill-planned decision, I thought I would at least document the kitchen's short-lived state of clean. Our kitchen works hard: I like to cook, my family likes to eat. And it's a good thing, because I've decided to join The Nester for her 31 Days series. I'll be focusing on 31 Days of Comfort Food.
Starting Monday, I will post 31 days of my favorite fall and winter comfort foods. 
Adios, Weight Watchers. Hello, stretch pants.
Be sure and check back every day in October for all the finger-lickin' goodness.

And now, on with the tour!
 We have lived in this house for almost 7 years now, and we updated the kitchen about 3 years into that time. Like all our projects, it was done on a shoestring and in classic-DIY fashion. Meaning we did what we could, and left the rest to wait for our lottery win. 
 I would love to knock out the soffits above the cupboards and scrape down the textured ceilings, but that just ain't gonna happen any time soon. 
The door beyond the stove goes into the garage, and there is a guest bath to the left. On the right is our little locker room area {as evidenced by the pink hockey stick Caitlin just deposited there} and a small pantry.
 The window above the sink looks out on the back yard and deck, so I can easily holler at see the kids.
The view from the kitchen toward our dining area. You can read more about this area here.  
Be sure and check back on Monday and every day in October to see what I'm up to in this hard-workin' little kitchen. 
Thanks for stopping by!
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited you are doing 31 days too. You can share your link at bowl full of lemons and she will put it on her 31 days pinterest board. Love the EAT sign and love the curtain. Have a great weekend. I'm looking forward to your comfort food!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the heads up, Kate! I just shared my link with Toni! Enjoy your weekend :)

      Delete
  2. just found this one ...guess I had missed this blog!!!! how adorable ... but way too neat!!! you don't want to see my clutter! lol!!! just me!!!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every one of your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know what you think.