Wednesday, September 5, 2012

What I Wore: The Back to School Edition

 It's back to school time! This is one of my favorite times of year. I love the crispness in the fall air and the fresh start that accompanies a new school year. This year is full of changes and new adventures in our family, so it is extra exciting. My daughter is off to middle school, and my son and I are homeschooling for the first time. With all these big things going on, I have hardly had time to breathe, let alone put on anything fun. I figured since I'm a homeschool mom now, I can break out the denim jumpers and wooden apple necklaces, right? {I kid, I kid!}

That being said, here is my one photo of the week, taken on my first official day as a homeschooler:
Peasant blouse: Old Navy
Cami: Shade Clothing
Jeans, ballet flats: Target 

And here is the obligatory first day of school photo for the kiddos:

Caitlin, 5th grade
Hunter, 3rd grade
We all survived our first day of school in remarkably good spirits, I am happy to report. Fingers crossed that day two goes just as well! 

Photobucket
I'll be linking up at The Pleated Poppy for What I Wore Wednesday.
pleated poppy


8 comments:

  1. Oh man, my Mom wore those denim jumpers in her early days of homeschooling...till her preteen daughters begged her to stop. She's since become much more stylish, with our help. :P Kids can be so evil. All the best to you in your homeschooling endeavors! It worked for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your shoes. Your kids are adorable. All the best with your homeschooling adventures.
    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful children! Your outfit and theirs are so cute! Have a great school year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best of luck with homeschooling!! I love those orange flats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a very cute outfit. I love the pop of colour with the shoes. You look very cute as a homeschooling mama.

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every one of your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know what you think.