Thursday, October 11, 2012

31 Days of Comfort Food: Day 11, Chocolate Chip Cookies

I have tried a million different recipes for chocolate chip cookies, each more elaborate than the last, but I always come back to this one. Yup, the recipe printed right there on the bag of Nestle chocolate chips. It is simple, fast, and one bite takes me right back to my Grandma's farmhouse kitchen. If that's not comfort food, I don't know what is. 
I like mine a bit brown on the edges. They are perfect for dunking that way.

I also like mine when they are made by a cute and willing helper. 

Do you have a favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe? Does having a strong memory associated with a certain food make it taste better?

You can check out the entire 31 Days of Comfort Food right here.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I use the recipe on the bag too, but I like mine chewy and gooey, maybe a tad undercooked.

    Cute helper you've got there.
    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always associate choc chip cookies with my grandmother too. I really miss her.

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every one of your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know what you think.