Sunday, October 14, 2012

31 Days of Comfort Food: Day 14, Stuffed Shells

This is day 14 in a 31 day series on Comfort Food. 
{I must be crazy!}

You can start from the beginning here.
This is the dish that I used to request as my birthday dinner: Stuffed Shells and baked chicken breasts marinated in Kraft Zesty Italian dressing.
While it is no longer my first choice for birthdays, {only because I'd rather have someone else cook my birthday dinner!} it is still a definite favorite around our house.
Thanks to my Grandma for sharing this one!

4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1- 15oz. carton ricotta cheese
1- 10oz. package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 package jumbo pasta shells, cooked and drained
1 jar of your favorite tomato sauce, 
I like Newman's Own Sweet Onion and Garlic 

Heat oven to 350. Combine mozzarella, ricotta, and spinach in a large bowl. Stuff shells with cheese mixture and arrange in a greased 9x13 pan. Pour sauce over shells and cover pan with aluminum foil. Bake for 30 minutes of till heated through.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. This just makes me want to come to your house for dinner. :-)

    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving your 30-day series. It is definitely that time of year for some good, warm comfort food. Great recipes!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every one of your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know what you think.