Monday, October 15, 2012

31 Days of Comfort Food: Day 15, Oven Baked Chicken Wings

This is day 15 in a 31 day series on comfort food. You can start from the beginning here.
When I got married, one of my favorite shower gifts was a recipe box filled with some of my aunts' and grandma's favorite recipes. It was such a sweet and personal gift, but more than that- it was useful. As a newlywed, I was a complete novice in the kitchen, so I was grateful for all the help I could get {and so was Chris!}.
Nearly 14 years later, this recipe remains one of our favorites. It is perfect for munching during a Vikings game and is always a hit during hunting season.  Many thanks to my Aunty Deb for sharing it so long ago!

Oven Baked Chicken Wings
2 lb. chicken wings, disjointed
1/3 cup soy sauce
2 T. vegetable oil
2 T. ketchup
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ginger
1-2 cloves garlic, minced or 
1/4 tsp garlic powder

Mix everything but the chicken together in a large bowl. Add chicken wings and toss to coat. Marinate in fridge overnight. 

Heat oven to 350. Place chicken on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake for 1 hour. 
Although these are excellent right out of the oven, they are also very good served cold.
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog today and am enjoying looking back over all the 31days series .. these sound delicious, cant wait to try them.

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every one of your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know what you think.