Saturday, October 20, 2012

31 Days of Comfort Food: Day 20, Pumpkin Spice Cake with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting

Welcome and thanks for stopping by day 20 of my series, 31 Days of Comfort Food! 
**If you've missed any of the posts in this series or want to start from the beginning you can go here.

Today's recipe is an autumn variation of one of my daughter's favorites, the Lemon Dream Cake. It is easy-peasy and oh-so-delicious. {Please excuse my dark and shadowy picture. I tend to bake late at night.}
Pumpkin Spice Cake with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
For the cake:
1 box spice cake mix
4 eggs
1 can pumpkin {puree, not pie filling}
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice

For the frosting:
3/4 cup butter, softened
2 {8 oz.} bricks cream cheese, softened
4 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup pure maple syrup

Heat oven to 350.  Grease and flour 3 round cake pans. 

In a large bowl, mix boxed cake mix and 4 eggs until they are light and fluffy. Fold in pumpkin, sugar, and pumpkin pie spice.

Divide batter evenly between prepared pans and bake for 20 minutes or till a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool completely on wire racks before frosting.

Frosting:
In a large bowl, cream together butter and cream cheese until fluffy. Add powdered sugar and maple syrup and mix till smooth. Chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes before frosting and it will spread easier.

I hope you enjoy this rich, moist cake. It is chock-full of fall-flavor!

I love hearing from you and I'm so glad you're enjoying this 31 day series. If you would like to follow me on Facebook you can do so here. I am also a huge fan of Pinterest and am always adding things to my boards; you can follow me on on Pinterest here. And if you'd like to see what I'm up to throughout the day, you can find me on Instagram, too! My user name is "dreamanddiffer". Thanks for stopping by!
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I have to stop reading your blog while in a foreign country. This looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum!! this looks amazing! New follower from the blog hop :)

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every one of your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know what you think.