Tuesday, October 23, 2012

31 Days of Comfort Food: Day 22, Cupcakes

There's just something about a cupcake that is intrinsically comforting. Sinking your teeth into a bite sized bit of celebration can make anything and everything seem more fun.
What's not to love about a cupcake? 
Individual portions? Check.
No utensils required? Check.
Just plain cute? Check.
Everybody loves a good cupcake.
That being said, here are a few of my favorite cupcake recipes.
Boston Cream Cupcakes
{recipe from America's Test Kitchen}
These are a bit of a hassle to make, what with all the carving out a hole and filling it with cream.... but, you guys, you carve out a hole and FILL IT WITH CREAM! So worth the effort.
Chocolate Cupcakes with
Vanilla Swiss Meringue Buttercream
{recipe from Cake on the Brain}
This is the most silky-smooth-but not too sweet frosting recipe ever. I made them for my grandparents' anniversary party back in June and they were delicious. 

Lemon Dream Cupcakes
{You can find the recipe here}
Not a great picture, but it's the taste that counts, right? Well, these cupcakes are like sunshine in a paper liner.
I could wax poetic about cupcakes for hours. My food board on Pinterest is littered with cupcake recipes. They are, in my opinion, the perfect dessert. Well, that and pie. And cookies... and actual cake.  
Let's just say dessert is the perfect food and call it good, shall we?
You're reading Day 22 of 31 straight days of comfort food. If you've missed any of the posts in this series or want to start from the beginning you can go here.
If you're enjoying this series, I'd love to hear from you. If you would like to follow me on Facebook you can do so here. I am am always adding things to my boards on Pinterest- you can follow me here. And if you'd like to see what I'm up to throughout the day, you can find me on Instagram, too! My user name is "dreamanddiffer". 
Thanks for stopping by!
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Jessie - Boston cream cupcakes? Really!?!? Can't decide if I love you or hate you for this series! ;) Looks like someone will be making cupcakes this weekend. I expect nothing but elastic waist pants from you in tomorrow's WIWW post......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, Shannon! I am rockin' the pajama pants more often than not these days, thanks in large part to my 31 days series! What was I thinking?! But you will LOVE those Boston Cream cupcakes. They are awesome! ;)

      Delete
  2. These look SO good! I pinned them. :-)
    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every one of your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know what you think.