Thursday, October 25, 2012

31 Days of Comfort Food: Day 24, Junk Food

I fought long and hard against including junk food in this series on comfort food.
And by long and hard, I mean like 15 minutes. But who's counting?
You see, there is a certain time of the month when nothing  is as comforting to me as junk food.
During this period {see what I did there?} I tend to crave sweets- especially ice cream. That craving was magnified a hundred-fold when I was pregnant. As a result, I gained close to 80 pounds with each baby. Thankfully, I am better able to control my appetite these days.
I am not advocating junk food for every day- heck, not even on most days.  As with any indulgence, moderation is the key to enjoyment. But there are some days when a Snickers really does satisfy, when I really do scream for ice-cream. And on those days I think it is okay to take comfort in my favorite treat.
What are your favorite junk food comforts?
You are reading day 24 of 31 days of comfort food. If you've missed any of the posts in this series or want to start from the beginning you can go here.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness, I gained weight like that with my babies. It was terrible. People didn't even recognize me.

    Anyway, white chocolate covered pretzels, sesame sticks, and m&m's - those are my normal junk food cravings. And then there are the burgers...
    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah definitely have those days when nothing else satisfies like a hershery bar and a coke.

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every one of your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know what you think.