Tuesday, October 30, 2012

31 Days of Comfort Food: Day 27, Angel Chicken

Welcome! Today is day 27 on a 31 day odyssey through comfort food. Now, you may be thinking to yourself, "Day 27? Isn't today the 30th of October?" Yes. Yes, it is. 
I must admit, I've kind of lost steam toward the end of this series. 
I blame hockey season. With both kids playing, and a husband who goes to bed by 7:30 {he gets up for work at 3:00 a.m.}, I spend many of my evenings running back and forth to the rink. Preparing, photographing, and writing about yummy comfort foods has had to take a back seat lately.
I'll finish up eventually... it just may take me till mid-November!
Thank you for your patience.

On to today's recipe- a crockpot special.
It is called Angel Chicken, a name derived from the pasta used in the recipe. But when Caitlin asked why it was called angel chicken, I might have told her it was because I made it with fresh angels.  And when she looked horrified, I might have added that, although they were hard to catch, the extra-crunch of their wings made it worth the effort.
I am a bad mommy.

*Note: No angels were harmed in the preparation of this recipe.
Also, this dish tastes better than it looks in my picture. Food photography is hard, y'all.

Angel Chicken
6 boneless chicken breasts
1/2 c. butter
1 package dry Italian salad dressing mix
1 can golden mushroom soup 
1/2 cup white wine
4 oz. onion and chive cream cheese
1 box angel hair pasta (cooked according to package directions)

Place chicken in crockpot. In sauce pan, melt butter. Stir in Italian dressing mix, soup, cream cheese, and wine. Stir till combined and cream cheese is melted. Pour over chicken and cook on low for 4-5 hours, or till the chicken is done. Serve over pasta. This is also good over rice... but then you would have to call it Rice Chicken, and that's not nearly so pretty.

This has been day 2,582,499 of a 31 day series on Comfort Food. If you missed anything, or you'd like to start from the beginning, you can go here
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every one of your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know what you think.