Saturday, October 6, 2012

31 Days of Comfort Food: Day 6, Oatmeal Scotchies

Welcome to Day 6 of my series, 31 Days of Comfort Food!
You can check out the rest of the series here.

I always think butterscotch is a fall flavor and I'm not sure why, maybe because of the color. But for me, these are a classic autumn treat. The buttery-sweetness of these cookies is nicely balanced by the chewy texture of the oatmeal. The kids love them as an after school snack, and they make the house smell amazing while they bake.  

This recipe is straight from the bag of butterscotch chips; it's nothing fancy, but that doesn't mean it's any less delicious!
1 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
3 cups oatmeal
1 package butterscotch chips

Heat oven to 375.

Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in small bowl. Beat butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla in large mixer bowl. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in oats and butterscotch chips. Drop by rounded tablespoon on parchment lined baking sheets.

Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes, then move to wire racks to cool completely.

Enjoy!
 Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Hello I am visiting via the Nester's 31 days series. Your series is so full of yummy goodness!

    I too am participating in the series. My topic is "Decor To Adore~ finding your style". I would like to invite you to stop by anytime.

    Have a beautiful day and a wonderful fall season.

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every one of your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know what you think.