Sunday, October 7, 2012

31 Days of Comfort Food: Day 7, Pumpkin-Scotch Bread

It's Day 7 of our 31 Days of Comfort Food! I made it through the first week, woo-hoo!
If you'd like to see all the recipes I've posted, you can check them out by clicking here.
I love a good quick-bread, and today's recipe is one of my favorites. It is the epitome of fall-flavored-food. And the smell while it bakes is positively intoxicating. Be aware, though, that this is a very dense and moist bread... almost like a cake. You'll probably need a fork to eat it. 
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. ginger
1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin
1 cup sugar
1 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1 package butterscotch chips
1 cup chopped pecans {optional}
Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and heat to 350. Coat 9"x5" loaf pan with Pam spray.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, and ginger.
Whisk pumpkin, sugar, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla together in a separate bowl until frothy.
Fold pumpkin mixture into flour mixture with a spatula till just combined. Fold in butterscotch chips and nuts {if using}. The batter will be really thick.
Scrape the batter into your loaf pan and smooth out the top. Bake till golden and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 45-55 minutes.
Let it cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing from the pan. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour.
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm...I have butterscotch chips in my cabinet. I'll have to make this.
    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every one of your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know what you think.