Wednesday, October 17, 2012

What I Wore Wednesday and Waffles!

Welcome to What I Wore Wednesday and day 17 of 31 Days of Comfort Food!
I'm so glad you're here! Truly. I really appreciate all my visitors and love reading your comments. It brightens up even the darkest of days.
Thank you.

It's hockey season around here, so you are going to see me in a whole lot of layers from now until April  or so. I spend most evenings sitting on a cold metal bench watching both kids play, so I'm all about comfort and warmth in my winter wardrobe.
Sweater, turtleneck: Lands End
Jeans: Silver
Shoes: El Naturalista

 More layers! They don't do much for a girl's figure, that's for sure.
{31 Days of Comfort Food isn't helping either!}
Vest: Lands End
Sweater, jeans: Target
Gingham blouse: Old Navy
Boots: Emu Australia

Hunter and I went to a local production of The Hobbit this week and had a blast.
The Hobbit was our first read-aloud book for homeschool, so seeing it on stage was a thrill. We are both so excited to see the movie, too.
Top, scarf: Old Navy
Jeans, flats: Target

So much for what I've been wearing...
Here's what I've been eating!
{Don't know what I am referring to? You can find out here.}
Whenever I make waffles, I announce it like Donkey does in Shrek... 
but with jazz hands. It just seems right, somehow.
Anyhoo.
I don't have a recipe for these, since I just use a Hungry Jack mix, but I do have a few waffle-related rules.
1) Use real, authentic maple syrup.
2) Use real, authentic whip cream.
3) Use real, authentic strawberries.
4) Exception to rule #3: Use strawberry freezer jam if real strawberries are not in season.
You may now eat your waffles.
Good day.
Photobucket
I'm linking up at The Pleated Poppy.

9 comments:

  1. I love that you wore stripes twice in this post. They are so classic and lovely! Also, waffles are always a good idea.

    <3 Daryl
    Roots, Wings & Other Things

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog from the Pleated Poppy. I don't take part in WIWW but I love to read others who do. I blog over at www.ababymakesfour.blogspot.com if you want to visit! Followed you via GFC :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the vest outfit! perfect fall outfit! and love the leopard with the stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look adorable, and I think its great that you announce waffles ala Shrek style! I feel kind of sorry for hockey moms freezing their hineys off! I'm a baseball mom so we get a little more sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look great as always! I'm envious you are now wearing long sleeves and pants in your photos. Wish we could get some of that kind of weather!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your outfits! I like making waffles too. I usually make a whole bunch and then individually wrap and freeze them, so the kids can pop them in the microwave or toaster oven (whichever they prefer). Since I am not a morning person, it makes things easier for me. I can sit and hold my steaming mug of coffee while they get breakfast. :-)

    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your scarf!

    Have a fabulous night! Stop by nichollvincent.blogspot.com and say hello!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum waffles! I love that ruffle cardi in the first pic!!!

    xo Niki
    http://www.glossyblonde.com

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every one of your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know what you think.