Wednesday, October 24, 2012

What I Wore Wednesday

Happy Wednesday! 
Lately, WIWW has been the only thing that gets me out of my pajamas. Hunter and I both have gotten quite lazy about getting dressed and we often have half a school day in before either of us bothers to get dressed. Oh well, it hasn't hindered our homeschool progress one bit!
 {in fact, it's one of our favorite parts about homeschooling!}

You know how a picture doesn't lie? Well that is very often the brutally honest case when I do a WIWW post.
  Upon reflection, I should have skipped the scarf or something with this outfit. There is just a whole lot going on here. It looks much cuter on the model, sans scarf.
See? {outfit is from Banana Republic, shoes are Target}

 Hockey mom uniform.
Scarf, hoodie, tee: Target
Jeans: Lucky Brand
Vest: Columbia
Boots: Uggs

I love this sweater. It's like wrapping up in an afghan.

Sweater: Lands End
Tee: Target
Jeans: Silver
Shoes: El Naturalista 

I'll be linking up at The Pleated Poppy for WIWW. 
pleated poppy

Hope your Wednesday is wonderful!
Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. How cute is the wall behind you?! And I love your mustard scarf, perfect for fall.. or hockey rinks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We measure everyone that comes to our house! Neighbors, friends, relatives... no one escapes the wall!

      Delete
  2. I love all of your outfits.....i think i have alot of similar things in my wardrobe! I usually have the "hockey mom" look going on :). Where can i find the shoes from your last photo?
    Pidge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the shoes at a local sporting goods store, but I think you can find them online too. Here's a link to the brand at Zappos.com
      http://www.zappos.com/el-naturalista-womens-shoes~8?zfcTest=pd%3A0
      Hope that helps!

      Delete
  3. I love all your outfits. You always look so nice and put together, even in jeans and a t-shirt. I seriously admire that. You make me think more about how I am wearing things. And, I love the first outfit with the scarf.
    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my dear! Your sweet words made my morning!

      Delete
  4. Love that Lands End sweater! And isn't it interesting how seeing a picture of an outfit can make you rethink the whole thing?
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. love these looks! especially the "hockey mom" one!

    Chioma
    C's Evolution of Style

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Land's End sweater!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the scarf with the first outfit. And the Land's End outfit looks so comfy.
    Stopping by from WIWW.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually liked how you styled it with the scarf.
    saying hi from WIWW.

    Tey
    http://www.freeteyme.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jessie - I just wanted to thank you for doing such an accessible series for WIWW. I love looking at all the outfits but as a SAH/soccer taxi mom I haven't been able to translate a lot of the looks into my everyday life. Your outfits though are a great mix of cute & practical and I really, really appreciate it ~ especially the warm shoes. Its cold & wet in the Northwest and walking the girls to school in ballet flats is a thing of the past. :D Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shannon, Thank you so much! You have no idea what this means to me! So often when I look at the other WIWW posts I think I shouldn't bother any more. It just feels silly to post pictures of my jeans and sweaters when there are so many genuine fashionistas out there. But it's a great motivator for me to put a bit of effort into myself and it really does make a difference in my self-confidence when I do so. And I totally agree about the ballet flats! They just don't cut it in a MN winter! ;) So warm, practical shoes, jeans, and sweaters it is! Thank you again for your sweet words. It meant the world to me! <3

      Delete
  10. looks cute! love a sweater that feels like you're in a blanket.

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every one of your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know what you think.