Monday, November 12, 2012

Hello Monday

Mondays make me happy. They are a fresh start, a new beginning. And rather like New Year's resolutions, I always begin with a bang. My to-do list for today is a mile long, but it's slowly and steadily getting finished. There is fresh bread in the oven making the house smell delicious and beef enchiladas on the menu for tonight. There are fresh cookies in the jar, the laundry is done, and I've balanced the checkbook. And taught a bit of reading, writing, and arithmetic.
Not bad for one day...
of course, I haven't showered yet, but no one's perfect.
I'm joining Lisa Leonard for her "Hello, Monday" link up.

Hello, veterans. Thank you for your service and your sacrifice.
 Caitlin's Girl Scout troop took part in our local Veteran's Day parade yesterday. It was bitterly cold, but the crowds lined both sides of the route in honor of our troops. 
 That's my girl, peeking out from under her scarf.

Hello, history, science and art combo projects.
Lately, I've been able to find lots of interesting, easy, and fun art projects for Hunter. Many of them even tie in with our history and science curriculum.
I'm working on a post about our first trimester progress. Hopefully that will be done by the end of this week.
Caitlin likes to leave her American Girl doll, Sarah Jane, to supervise while she is at school. 
That's it for this Monday. Thanks for stopping by!
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. YOU my friend, have accomplished a lot today! Now go sit down and put your feet up, you're making me feel bad! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. showers are overrated:)

    My daughter is also in love with her American Girl doll, I think it's just a matter of time before she needs her own room:)

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow you've gotten alot accomplished today. My girls use to love american girl. Have you ever been to their store?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we've been to the one at MOA several times. It's so fun- I think I get just as excited as Caitlin!

      Delete
  4. Your son looks so focused as he paints, and I love the doll in the background. I am stopping by from Hip Homeschool Moms. I hope you'll consider linking this to the home school resource website, "Look What We Did." -Savannah http://lookwhatwedid-homeschool.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Savannah, Thanks for stopping by! I'll definitely link up, it sounds great!

      Delete

I read and appreciate every one of your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know what you think.