Tuesday, November 27, 2012

These are a Few of My Favorite Things

On our way home from Thanksgiving dinner last week, Chris and I were talking about all the things we were grateful for. It started as a sincere list of  the big things- like family, home, and health- but segued quickly into more trivial territory. 
Chris, for example, is thankful we have all 10 seasons of Friends on DVD so he can get a fix whenever he needs it. 
See? Important stuff, right there.

In the spirit of holiday frivolity, I thought I would share a few of my favorite wintertime things. Of course, I look forward to the tree, the decorations, the cookies, and all the other traditional trappings of the season, but these are my own quirky little indulgences.

Favorite Winter Read:
Winter Solstice by Rosamunde Pilcher
I re-read this every December.
It's comfortable and cozy, if a book can be described in terms usually reserved for fuzzy socks. 
But that's exactly how I feel when I can curl up and slip into the little world Pilcher creates in this heartwarming Christmas story. 

Favorite Winter Relaxation trick:
Badedas bubble bath
I actually found out about this product from the book above. The characters mention it several times but I'd never heard of it, so I googled it, and after reading the reviews on Amazon, decided to try it myself. I love the woodsy, clean scent of this bubble bath. It emanates from the bathroom and drifts under the door like an intoxicatingly fresh breeze. It's definitely not a scent for all tastes, as it borders on the masculine, but I love it and so do the kids. Plus, it's a bright, pine-y green and the kids just think it's fun to turn the bath water that color!

Favorite {healthy} Winter Treat:
Little Cuties (clementine oranges)
We eat these compulsively during the holiday season. I like to think it helps counter-balance all the other extra, not-so-healthy treats we consume during those months. I am still waiting patiently for them to appear at our local grocery store this year...

I think the fact that we only enjoy these treats for a finite period each year makes them extra enjoyable. I look forward to them for the rest of the year.
What are some of your favorite wintertime treats?

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Fun stuff. I'm going to write the title of that book down and see if my library has it.

    I love drinking hot cocoa at night with my kids.
    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think if you get to read the book. I'm a fan of hot cocoa on a cold winter night too; such a treat!

      Delete

I read and appreciate every one of your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know what you think.