Wednesday, November 14, 2012

What I Wore Wednesday: An Ode to Pinterest

Welcome to WIWW!
I'll be linking up with Lindsey at The Pleated Poppy.
I have to hand it to the people at Pinterest: I am completely dependent on that website for inspiration. From clothing, to cooking, to holiday decor, I reference it multiple times a day.

I love the colors used in this outfit. Navy and mustard together get me every time.



Normally I would be all over the casual-jeans look, but I guess I was feeling fancy. So although my outfit ended up quite different, the color combo remained true to the original.
Jacket: J. Crew
Turtleneck: Lands End
Cords: Old Navy
Shoes: Macy's 
Petal Pusher: The Pleated Poppy

Up next is a Pinspiration special. Here's the original version:

And here's my copycat outfit:
{not quite so chic, and definitely not so sleek as the original!}
Scarf: Target
Sweater: Lands End
Skirt: Macy's
Leggings: Smartwool
Boots: Madden Girl (Macy's)

My aunt put together this cute little number on Polyvore, I pinned it, and copied it in real life shortly thereafter!
Sweater: Target
Jeans, scarf: Old Navy
Boots: same as above

My church outfit for this week was inspired by Lindsey, herself.

Cardi, belt: Old Navy
Shirt: Banana Republic
Slacks: Gap
Shoes: Target
White flower pin: borrowed from Caitlin
Pink petal pusher: The Pleated Poppy

I'm always on the look-out for more Pinspiration. What are your favorite outfits, recipes, and projects?  If you'd like to follow me on Pinterest, you can find me here
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. I love your brown boots! I'm hoping to get a pair like that for Christmas. And your flower pins on your cardigans are cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rachel! You'll love the boots- mine get worn all the time!

      Delete
  2. Love the denim skirt outfit! Great boots:)
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE these ALL! I can't even pick one I like better than another. Fabulous outfits. I really like how you took inspiration from the first outfit and made it something completely new.

    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm practicing for your December Pinterest Party! ;-)

      Delete
  4. All those scarves are so so pretty!

    preethi
    lace, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. all so cute! you perfected them! I pinned that same gray skirt combo one day and copied it with a burnt orange, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I bet that is cute! I love re-imagining Pinterest outfits. It inspires me and still forces me to work with what I have.

      Delete
  6. love those boots girl! You rocked it this week!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every one of your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know what you think.