Wednesday, November 21, 2012

What I Wore Wednesday

Welcome friends, to WIWW.
I'll be linking up with Lindsey at The Pleated Poppy.
pleated poppy
This has been a busy pre-holiday week, especially since Caitlin only had one day of school. Hunter and I decided we needed to be on vacation too, so we've been watching lots of movies and staying up late. I've started a few little projects and I've been getting ready to switch the mantels for Christmas. This is the first time I've done anything before Thanksgiving and it feels a little weird! Do you decorate pre-turkey or wait till after the feast to get ready for Christmas?
Here's what I've been up to clothing-wise for the last few days:
 I've been trying to break out of the jeans and sweater rut every now and then, but it's a losing battle most days. I did manage one day with a dress though.
Dress: Shade Clothing
Rosette Necklace: Allora Handmade
Pendant: Made by moi!
Boots: Madden Girl {Macy's}
Leggings: Old Navy

Please forgive the very grainy and poorly-lit night-time phone pics. I keep forgetting to take pictures in the morning. And apparently I've given up on shoes, but I do have matchy socks, so all is not lost.
Sweater: Lands End
Tank: Old Navy
Jeans: Silver
Stripey socks: Target 

On Saturday, we were off to an early hockey game, so it's much more about comfort and (above all) warmth. Note to self: make bed before taking pictures.
Hoodie: North Face
Jeans: Lucky
Tee: Target
Boots: Uggs
Another hockey game, even earlier. This time I had to do the old "wear a hat to hide my dirty hair" trick. 
Hat: TJ Maxx
Faux-Burberry scarf: Amazon
Down Vest and turtleneck: Lands End
Jeans: Silver
Boots: Uggs
Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and in case you're wonder what I'm wearing for the big day:
My turkey-eating pants, of course!
Thank you, Joey, for that brilliant bit of practical, yet comedic, fashion advice!
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Your turkey eating made me laugh!

    Love your dress and you rock a hat.

    Hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving. We were going to Vermont to visit friends, but now we're housebound due to strep throat. :-(

    It will be nice anyway!
    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your boots!

    Would love to have you stop by and say hello at thechiffondiary.com :) happy Thanksgiving! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great week, Jessie!! How do Shade clothing fit, compared to Land's End, in sizing? I love the things you have from them and had no idea that Gymboree was their sister store until this morning when it popped up on the Black Friday shopping screen. I was flipping through and kept thinking I had seen stuff somewhere and it was your blog! Hope you didn't need to break out the Turkey Eating Pants or at least found them in a more fashionable color. :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE outfit no. 1!!! It is such a pretty look! Also? Love Joey & his turkey pants!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every one of your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know what you think.