Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Traditional Christmas Mantel


For me, Christmas is all about tradition and that includes colors. I love the warmth of red, green, and gold. And although I enjoy looking at all the silvers, blues, and creams that other people use, they just don't feel right for my own home. I wanted it to have a feeling of tradition and opulence (at least as far as my limited budget would allow).

The only thing I purchased new this year was the ribbon. I continued the tartan theme from the kitchen, but this one feels a bit fancier. I twisted together three strings of the cheap pine stuff from Michael's, added lights, and embellished it with flowers, fruit, pine cones, various greenery, berries, and lots of ribbon.
I tucked in a few of our favorite Christmas books since the tree is currently blocking the bookshelf. We can grab them easily this way.

I got a little carried away with the bow. Hopefully, I have enough ribbon left to use on the tree!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
Merry Christmas!
Photobucket
I'll be linking up here:

6 comments:

  1. This is really pretty. I like the traditional colors, too. Thanks for sharing at A Homespun Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. I like traditional, but I just can't seem to do it in my own home. Although red is my favorite color, we kind of do hodgepodge.

    You have a serious talent when it comes to decorating. You create beautiful spaces.
    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect, it is all so pretty. I like that you are using the reds and greens it feels so much like Christmas. Thanks for linking up at the Cabin this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty...loving the plaid ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love everything about this mantel. It is so pretty! Thanks so much for sharing at "I Gotta Try That" Have a great weekend.
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every one of your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know what you think.