Monday, January 21, 2013

Hello {Bitterly Cold} Monday

Hello and happy Monday!
Don't smile about it, though, or your face will freeze that way.
Truly.
The temperature on this fine Minnesota morning has dropped into "you've-got-to-be-kidding-me" range. I took the dog out this morning and my eyes began to water from the biting wind. The tears instantly froze to my cheeks. 
Hello, frostbite.
Hello, dumb, smiley-face dog.
Our dog apparently has some gastro-meteorological issues. 
Whenever the weather is bad-- pouring rain, blowing snow, sub-Arctic wind chills-- he has "performance issues" about going to the bathroom.  Because we don't have a fenced yard, we have to take him out on a leash to do his business. As I stand there holding the leash, braced against the wind, muttering curses about the stupidity of canines, I am reminded of why I like  {clever, litterbox-trained} cats so very much.
Hello, long weekend.
Caitlin has today and tomorrow off school, so Hunter and I do too. 
Actually, tomorrow we are going on a field trip to a local science museum.
And today we'll be talking about why today is a holiday and brainstorming ways we can serve our community.
Hello, to not only remembering and honoring Martin Luther King Jr., but continuing his work.  Dr. King once said, "Life's most persistent and urgent question is: 'What are you doing for others?'"

Click here to find more information about the MLK Day of Service.
Have a wonderful {and warm} Monday.
Photobucket
I'll be linking up with Lisa to greet the new week.

6 comments:

  1. girl, it is cold cold here too....I just want to crawl in bed! What am I doing for others...I just blogged about it, I'm offering more validation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just read your post! It was perfect~ such a great way to strengthen our own communities!

      Delete
  2. My dog refuses to pee if it's raining. So on rainy days he ends up in the crate all day. Oh well? Nothing I can do about it. Stupid dogs....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta love 'em! It's a good thing they're cute! ;-)

      Delete
  3. I just couldn't handle living somewhere that cold! I lived in Utah for 5 years and that was cold enough for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I thought it was cold in Michigan! We just had the same discussion as my husband took our dumb dog out for a sniff-everything-in-the-neighborhood evening walk. I'll tell him we're nearly tropical at 5-degrees!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every one of your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know what you think.