Thursday, January 3, 2013

Holiday Wrap-Up and New Year's Resolutions

The end of the holiday season is always a welcome event for me. Despite my ardent love for all things Christmas, I am usually very ready for the fresh start of a new year. The austerity of January helps to balance December's overindulgence.

That being said, we made the most of December and celebrated right up to midnight on the 31st. 
For several years now, we've combined Christmas and New Year's celebrations at my mom's house.
We munch on snack-y foods and appetizers, play games, and let the kids overrun Grandma's tiny house. With just three of the five daughters (and our respective families) in attendance, it was still a VERY full house. But we had a blast.

The best part? Loving on my new nephew. 

Isn't he the cutest little Christmas elf ever?! I couldn't get enough of his tiny self. There was always a line of people waiting to hold him.

I took a dozen pictures of these kids, but didn't get one with everyone smiling and looking at the camera. Oh well, someday!

The cousins have a ton of fun together and Hunter loves being the ring-leader with this little band of boys.

And Caitlin worships her older cousin, Dani. Not to mention follows her example in all things....
including photo-bombing.

But now it's back to our normal life. The decorations are {mostly} put away and it's time to think about the year ahead.
I always make New Year's resolutions but rarely keep them. I like to think of them more as "suggestions" than hard and fast rules.
Therefore, I resolve to lose 10 pounds, be more organized, put all my photos into albums, and learn any/all of the following: Latin, knitting, Photoshop, yoga.

Wish me luck!
Photobucket


4 comments:

  1. What a big bunch of adorable, funny kids! I'd like to lose 10 pounds too, but I'm not too sure I can do it! If you discover a secret way how that doesn't require much effort....
    Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have yet to discover the secret either. But I'm hoping that the power of positive thinking will help me out! ;)

      Delete
  2. What a sweet baby and beautiful family. Love your photos! We celebrated until yesterday when our out-of-town family left. I even let the kids play hooky from school yesterday. It seems too soon to go back anyhow.

    Happy New Year!
    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy new year!! I too want to learn to knit and organize my photos.

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every one of your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know what you think.