Wednesday, January 9, 2013

What I Wore Wednesday: the Comeback Edition

It has been a long time since I shared a WIWW post, but I'm back in the saddle again!
I love winter clothes- sweaters, boots, and scarves- but it feels like I wear the same type of outfit all the time. It's flat-out too cold to wear cute dresses or skirts, so for the sake of practicality, it's jeans, jeans, and more jeans. And, if you're observant, you'll notice it's the same two pairs of jeans all the time! Between the long-johns I wear daily {lifesavers in a frigid hockey arena} and the "extra holiday weight" I'm carrying {bonus points if you can tell me which Friends character I just paraphrased!}, I have limited options in the denim department. 

Tee- Boden
Tank- Old Navy
Jeans, flats- Target
Scarf- Dress Barn



Tee, sweater- Banana Republic
Jeans- Target
Shoes- El Naturalista
Scarf- Old Navy


Sweater, scarf- Old Navy
Tee- Target
Jeans- Silver
Shoes- Pr!vo



Sweater- Macy's
Tee- Target
Jeans- Silver
Shoes- Pr!vo
The last picture was taken before Christmas, and you'll notice there's no scarf. But ever since I pinned this scarf-tying tutorial, I've been sporting a scarf daily.
I am nothing, if not predictable!
I will, of course, be linking up with Lindsey at The Pleated Poppy for WIWW.
pleated poppy
Thanks for stopping by!
Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. i hear ya on the jeans...tho i have the holiday weight problem and the two years after having three kids in three years i am still "Curvy" problem. haha. thanks for the scarf tying pin! i love love love scarfs and i am so excited to look at it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice, easy way to tie scarves too, which is nice. Her tutorial is very simple. Hope you like it!

      Delete
  2. Absolutely love your style ... and the scarves are a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm carrying extra holiday weight too. It's not nice.

    Love that black sweater. Cute outfits and I completely agree that it's too cold for cute dresses and skirts. Winter is tough for wearing cute shoes and fancy outfits. All I can think about when I'm getting dressed is being warm. lol.

    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree, especially on the shoes. I should have noted that I didn't actually wear the ballet flats above outside. 95% of the time I'm in warm, waterproof boots. Not cute!

      Delete
  4. Love your outfits and I was going to remark on the scarf until I saw the tutorial! Thanks for sharing, love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy! I'm glad you like the tutorial. I've been a bit obsessed with wearing scarves that way since watching it!

      Delete
  5. Cute Cute! I haven't done a WIWW post in ages either...I just posted one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving all the layers and how you tied that scarf! Definitely going to be trying that :) New Follower From the hop!

    http://allthingsalisamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I caught your post through the Pleated Poppy. I love your scarves! I am guessing you have about as many I do (or more). There is nothing better than a beautiful scarf.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every one of your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know what you think.