Wednesday, January 16, 2013

What I've Been Wearing

Before I get started, I have a technical question for anyone willing to help a girl out.
What do you use for photo hosting? 
Previously, I just uploaded my photos right into Blogger/Picasa, but I got a notice that I had filled my quota and I balked at paying a monthly fee. So, I switched to Photobucket. I haven't loved it~ it's slow to upload, adds an extra step since I edit with Picmonkey, and when I reorganized my albums all the links to previously posted photos were broken. * Also see example of weird funhouse mirror effect below. No idea why that happened! 
So, I ask~ what do you do? Any advice would be most welcome!
{I asked the same question on Facebook, so you're welcome to follow me and comment there too!}
On to what I've been wearing...
with a disclaimer.
Anytime you see me wearing cute shoes in these photos, please know that I don't leave the house in them. Ballet flats and high-heels just won't cut it for a Minnesota winter, so I wear them around the house in lieu of slippers. Okay, not the heels... they're just for looks. 
Tee: Boden
Jeans: Gap
Ballet flats: Target

Sweater: J. Crew {old}
Tee, jeans: Target
Flower pin: Claire's
Shoes: El Naturalista 

Jeans: Silver
Scarf: Old Navy
Flats, Cardi: Target
Tee: Boden


Sweater: Gap
Jeans: Target
Scarf: Dress Barn
Pin: The Pleated Poppy
Shoes: Macy's

Sweater: Lands End
Jeans: Target
Boots: Macy's

As always, I'll be linking up here:
pleated poppy

Have a great Wednesday!
Photobucket

23 comments:

  1. haha--thanks for clarifying that you don't actually wear heels around the house. That would be a little crazy. :P I love your boots in the last picture, and those are definitely great for winter time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, the heels were just for the picture. The only other red shoes I have are sandals, and I couldn't stand the idea of photographing the shoes I actually wore... Sorel boots! ;-)

      Delete
  2. Great outfits! I love the red paired with turquoise. Visiting from WIWW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I love your outfits. The colors are fabulous. Thank you so much for talking about cute shoes in winter. They just don't work. There's way too much snow, ice, and general winter gunk for cute shoes.

    I save my picts on my hard drive and upload them directly to Wordpress. I'm running out of space too, but I can buy a bunch more for only $20. Do you have an option like that on Blogger? Otherwise I am no help. Sorry.

    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogger has a monthly fee, it's only a few dollars, but it adds up. I am so frustrated with photobucket though, I'm starting to think it's worth it!

      Delete
  4. I LOVE all your turquoise! It's a great color on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Priscilla! It's one of my favorite colors. :)

      Delete
  5. Love the red and aqua together!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Honestly I think there is a scam going on. How can "everyone" be out of space on picassa at once? I've contacted them and they were not helpful at all!!!! They say I have no space, but Google says I'm only using 23% of it. I paid. Don't like it, but I am not techy at all and don't know what else to do. I could end the blog...oh well! I'll be watching and reading to see what you find out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holly, I have the same thing~ Google says I've only used a small portion of my available space. I think I will reluctantly end up paying their fee as well. Don't let it be the end of your blog though!

      Delete
  7. Great outfit! I'm loving how you tie your scarf! I'm your newest follower :) I'd love for you to follow my blog too. xo

    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com
    www.daisyraeboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kacie, and welcome! I will definitely check out your blog. :)

      Delete
  8. You have great style. I always make a point to check out your WIWW. However, I never notice your shoes until you pointed them out today. Even cuter, such a shame you can't wear them in the snow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nicole! Unfortunately, the weather puts some drastic limits on my wardrobe, but I don't usually mind. I prefer to be bundled up anyway, since I'm always cold, even in summer! ;)

      Delete
  9. Love all your scarves! They are one of my fav. accessories!

    Dropping in from the link-up!

    Sheena @ It's All in the Details
    http://sheenaashlock.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the red and turquoise combo! You look great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I did the red/teal combo for my daughter's Olivia the Pig Birthday party. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ahh love the scarfs, so cozy

    love from San Francisco,
    Britt+Whit

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just have to say you do such a great job of tying your scarves. I have tied-scarf envy :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. love 'em....I'm a big fan of the teal and red...I'm no help for the photos, I just upload from my computer...is that wrong?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you upload right into blogger, you may eventually get a notice that you don't have any space left, and you need to pay $2.99 a month for additional space. But you may not, it sounds like some people don't have a problem. If you resize your photos to under 800 pixels, it makes a huge difference. Wish I would've done that from the beginning. :)

      Delete
  15. your outfits are the cutest, and your room in the background is super cute,too!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every one of your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know what you think.