Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Lately...

It's play-off season, so we've been spending a more-than-usual amount of time at the rink. Caitlin's team has continued to do really well, and they brought home some more "hardware" last weekend. {I was informed in no uncertain terms it was not a trophy, it's called hardware!}
I never remember to bring my good camera to the kids' games, so I just grabbed a few quick iphone pictures at the end. I'm always too excited to take pictures during the game anyway!
 Caitlin scored 3 goals and got one assist during her tournament. It is so fun to watch her play. 
 Hunter's daily recess time has been devoted entirely to constructing this snow fort in our front yard. It has been expanded and improved upon multiple times already, and now includes a storeroom {for battle supplies, natch.}, a defensive wall in the front, and a wing for Caitlin to use called "Athena's Cabin." His love of all things related to Percy Jackson and/or Greek mythology is not limited to the classroom!
 It also has an underground hiding area, where Hunter disappears whenever a car ventures down our road. 
 He is quite hidden from view and likes to launch sneak attacks on his unsuspecting sister when she gets home from school.

 Hunter is very proud of his fort, and I often have a hard time luring him back in after recess time is over. It's always, "five more minutes, mom!" when I call for him. 
When he does finally come in, he sheds all his layers and gets to work. And I mean ALL his layers. Does anyone else's kid like to spend all their time in various states of undress, or is it just mine? I find socks, shirts, hoodies, and even pants scattered all over the house. Hunter just prefers the freedom of being sans clothing, apparently. 
Here he is working on a mane for his model of Bucephalus, the trusty steed of Alexander the Great.
That 's what we've been up to lately.
What have you been doing?
Photobucket
I'm linking up here:
Hip Homeschool Hop Button 

4 comments:

  1. That fort it AMAZING! Way to go, Hunter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, that fort...amazing. That took lots of dedication!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you through the Domestic Fringe link up, I sure wish we could get snow like that!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every one of your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know what you think.