Monday, March 18, 2013

Easter Chalk Art

As difficult as it is to believe- given the fact that we are in the midst of a March blizzard- Easter will be here before we know it. I wanted to lighten up my much-loved red chalkboard {seen here and here} to make it more appropriate for spring, so I gave it a quick coat of white paint. 

I made a rookie mistake with the chalk art and didn't sketch a design ahead of time. I just tried to freehand a design and it didn't turn out as nicely as I had hoped. However, I had sunk too much time into it to start over, so there it hangs, warts and all.

 My favorite part of this extremely simple little vignette is the cloche and birds nest. I coated two wooden eggs with glitter, stuck in some cherry blossoms and moss and called it a day.
It feels sweet and fresh... just like I imagine spring must feel for those of you lucky enough to experience it.
{Excuse my bitterness. I just read that today marks our 110th straight day of snow-cover.}

Photobucket
I'll be linking up here:
My Romantic Home
French Country Cottage
Savvy Southern Style
DIY by Design
Ironstone Nest
Creative Cain Cabin
Between Naps on the Porch
DIY Showoff
Jennifer Rizzo

6 comments:

  1. I love this! The white frame looks stunning. I am so over the snow too...its a blizzard here too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kate! I like the freshness of the black and white combo... but I'm ready to see some color outside, lol! ;)

      Delete
  2. Oh I love this -- your art is beautiful! I have a lot of chalkboards around but I've never tried writing on them like this. Very pretty and yes, snowing here in Chicago today too. Boo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lauren! I usually sketch out a plan first, and it definitely helps with the spacing, etc. You should try it on one of your chalkboards. There's lots of inspiration out there if you google "chalk art." Happy writing! :)

      Delete
  3. I think your chalkboard looks great and love the words it expresses! I am soooooo ready for some sunshine. It can stay cold if it wants to (thought I would appreciate some warmer temps) but I need some SUN!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every one of your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know what you think.