Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Pastel Easter Mantel

I've got a secret soft spot for all things pastel and girly. But since it's not a color-palette I can live with for very long, I figure Easter is the perfect opportunity to embrace these sweet colors without making a long-term commitment. 
Without further ado, I give you:
the pastel Easter mantel!



Remember the monogrammed canvas above my headboard? Well, I moved the monogram and had this pretty blue canvas just lying around, so I decided to put it to good use above my kitchen mantel. I painted on the quote from this poem by Cecil Francis Alexander, but felt like it needed a little something more. I added a few swags of scrap-book paper mini-buntings, and it was good to go.


The little bunnies from my spring vignette found a new home on the mantel, along with a much larger friend.

The egg prints are from The Graphics Fairy. I've had them for several years and still love them. I just printed the images onto some heavy paper and stuck them in old frames: voila, instant art!


I was a little afraid all the pale pink and soft blue came off as more baby-shower than spring showers, but I decided to roll with it.  Hopefully you don't have a toothache after seeing this sugary-sweet pastel mantel. 

Photobucket
I'll be linking up here:
My Romantic Home
French Country Cottage
Savvy Southern Style
DIY by Design
Ironstone Nest
Creative Cain Cabin
Between Naps on the Porch
DIY Showoff
Jennifer Rizzo

3 comments:

  1. So pretty, I love the whole look. Thanks for sharing at the Cabin:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! :) I am a sucker for pastels, so it was fun to indulge in them for this mantel.

      Delete

I read and appreciate every one of your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know what you think.