Friday, March 1, 2013

Spring Fever

I've been hit by a fever~ spring fever, that is. 
Symptoms include a burning desire to freshen up and change one's surroundings, and a frenzied renewal of energy. It is a short lived malady, so I have to strike while the iron is hot, as they say.
The subject of my ministrations is our living room.

You remember the living room, right?
It's fine in its current state, but I'm ready for a change. It has been the same color for almost three years now and that is usually my paint-lovin' limit. I'm ready for something lighter and brighter. I'm thinking white! Or at least white-ish... maybe ivory or a very pale taupe. I know I'm late to this design trend, but I'm finally ready to jump on the white-wall bandwagon and bid adieu to my beloved Tobacco Road.

I put together a little idea board for inspiration.

Updated Living Room


Most of the items in this board are rough approximations of things we already have. 
I am not going to buy new furniture {much as I would love to} but I am going to slipcover our existing couch and loveseat. I don't sew, so I am looking for a good bargain on some ready made slips. New pillows and a fun plate arrangements will add color and complement the red drapes.
We can't swing new flooring, but a large area rug should add interest and texture, not to mention cover most of our awful carpet. 

It may be a while before it is finished, but I'll be sure and keep you posted on the progress.

Have you been hit with spring fever? What has it inspired you to do?
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I like how your room is now, but can't wait to see the changes you are planning. My spring fever has hit, I am ready to garden, but we still have snow:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got the bug too. It's fun to change out things here and there. But, you've got me thinking. I am about to paint my living room. It needs it - way past your 3 years. I was going to paint it a similar shade of blue that it currently is, but now I'm thinking of more of a change.

    Thanks for the inspiration.

    I love your blog and am your newest follower.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every one of your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know what you think.