Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Confessions of a WIWW Slacker

pleated poppy
By now, you all know the purpose of WIWW: it's meant to motivate stay-at-home/work-at-home moms to get out of our pjs and get dressed in something cute. The idea is simple; if you look good, you feel good. 
And I will be the first to say it works. 

But I'm lazy, and have gone back to my slothful dressing habits.
Most days I only get halfway dressed. 
I work {late at night and early in the morning} as an online English teacher, and my students only see me from the waist up.
So it's professional on top, pjs on the bottom.
The rest of the day I'm a homeschool mom, so I often don't leave the house...
why bother with pants?
Needless to say, WIWW has suffered.
But I've managed to scrape together a few pictures from the last two weeks.
 Denim jacket: Old Navy
Dress: Shade Clothing
Wool leggings {yes, still wearing wool!}: Smart Wool
Boots: Keen
Scarf: made by my aunt

Cardi: Target
Top: Boden
jeans: Joe's Jeans
Pin: The Pleated Poppy

What I wore to Junk Bonanza...
Jacket: Lands End
Top: Boden
Jeans: Joe's Jeans
Pins: The Pleated Poppy
Scarf: Dress Barn
Shoes: El Naturalista

Gingham top: Old Navy
Sweater: Mod Cloth
Jeans, flats: Target
Necklace: Dress Barn
Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. In love with the first look! The dress and danim combo with the scarf and those killer boots are gorg!! Anddd I'm kind of a lot in love with the flats from the last pic! Super Cute!
    Adrienne
    http://myblackwhitecolor.blogspot.com
    P.S. Today is the first day of my new fashion linkup called "Trending Pretty", would love to have you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta love the leopard flats, right?! Thanks for stopping by, Adrienne!

      Delete
  2. Popping over from wwiw! Love love the last look! It's exactly the kind of outfit i adore - simple - easy to wear - but so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understand, I get in slacker mode all the time. You pull color together so well though! I love the first outfit and the plaid shirt with the green cardigan. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jodi! The first outfit is one of my favorites too. Easy and cute. :)

      Delete
  4. I want to take away your mom jeans and hide them from you! You are a lovely lady but those jeans have got to go ...

    thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be honest now. Tell me what you really think... ;)

      Delete
  5. Love the gingham top and green sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your first outfit is FAB-U-LOUS! nice colorful pins too. don't feel bad about slacking. it just makes dressing nice feel that much better when it happens. hugs!
    (PS check out what I wore at my blog Olivia Cleans Green)

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every one of your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know what you think.