Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter Recap in an {Egg}shell

He is risen indeed. Alleluia!
We had a wonderful Easter this year. Lots of family and lots of good food.  Naturally, we started the day with our annual pre-church portrait... which quickly descended into silliness.

Excuse me, we "mustache" you a question.
Do this facial hair work for us?

I can't believe how big the kids look in these pictures. Caitlin turns 11 years old tomorrow! Sniff, sniff. When did they get so big?!

After church, we rushed home to get ready for our guests. My mom, step-dad, and two of my sisters and their families joined us. I think we had 12 people total.
Our kitchen/school table was all dressed up with our wedding china and Chris's grandmother's silver. Pretty fancy for this low-key family!

 The menu was a group effort and included: 
Smoked Ham with a Bourbon-Brown Sugar Glaze {made by me}
Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus {made by Caitlin}
Cheesy Hash-brown Potatoes {made by my mom}
Pasta Salad with Marinated Shrimp and Artichoke Hearts {Mom again}
Broccoli Salad {made by my sister, Andrea}
I made the desserts because I am a crazy person and can never choose just one thing. So, for dessert we had:
Easter Sugar Cookies {made using this recipe}
Banana Cream Pie {found this recipe on Pinterest and it is divine!}
 Raspberry and Lemon filled Cake with Fluffy Sour Cream Frosting
Orange-Scented Carrot Cake with White Chocolate Frosting
{recipe was in the most recent issue of Victoria magazine}
No one went hungry, that's for sure! We ended the day with a viewing of "The Hobbit." It was a perfect day,despite the cold weather.
Today, we are enjoying a lazy day of left-overs before heading back to real life tomorrow. 
Hope your Easter was wonderful!
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had a happy Easter. I love that you do a family portrait every year, all of you look great! And your menu was incredible, I love that you went all out on those desserts! Yum!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pulled out my "fancy" stuff too! It looks yummy, girl you can cook. I made your Angel Chicken and Strawberry Salad the other day, it was delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You Easter looks fabulous! What's in the Trifle bowl?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kerry! It's my Holiday Cookie Salad. You can find a link to it in the recipe tab on the menu bar if you're interested! :)

      Delete

I read and appreciate every one of your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know what you think.