Sunday, April 21, 2013

Junk Bonanza

One of the things I look forward to every September is going to Junk Bonanza. A few of my girlfriends and I have made it something of a tradition. We spend the entire day browsing, eating, and laughing. It is a blast, and we always find lots of wonderful treasures. We were even featured on the Junk Bonanza blog in 2011 with some of our loot.
But unfortunately, last September we weren't able to make the 2+ hour trip to Shakopee for the Bonanza. I was lamenting the long wait till next fall, when I found out that this year, for the first time, there was going to be a Spring Bonanza! 
If you follow me on Instagram or Facebook, you already know that this past Saturday, that's exactly where I was.

We got there around ten, and it was crowded. Once we got through the gates, we were doing the cattle-shuffle and barely moving, but no one minded. There were treasures to look at on all sides.
 Terrariums were everywhere, and many of them featured this darling plant called "Baby Tears." It's so delicate and spring-like, perfect for the mini-world of a terrarium. I think I need some!
 We always look for weird hands and send pictures of them to our friend, Becky, who could't be there this year. 
It's a long story... but we find it immensely amusing.
 The vintage wedding display made me want to get married all over again. It was gorgeous, and my iPhone pic does not do it justice.
 I bought some of this darling bunting made from embroidered tea towels. I'm thinking it will be perfect for a summer mantel-scape. I also bought 8 unframed Audubon bird prints... but I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them yet. Stay tuned...

Jen, Katie, and yours truly.
 Also known as the Chicago South Suburban Dental Society, or the C.S.S.D.S.
And yes, we did sport our official name tags all day.
I'm John Fox.

We capped off the a long day of shopping with spicy Bloody Marys.

I had so much fun and can't wait to go back in September!
Will you be there?
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every one of your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know what you think.