Monday, April 15, 2013

What I'm Reading

Having been on the library wait-list forever, I recently got notice that several books I reserved were available... all at the same time! Needless to say, I've been burning through the books in order to finish them before their due dates.

Ever since I read "The Secret Keeper," I've been on a Kate Morton kick.
In the last two weeks I've read both 
"The Forgotten Garden"

and "The Distant Hours"

Both of them were thoroughly enjoyable although, for me, neither quite lived up to the thrill of  "The Secret Keeper." The twist at the end of that particular book was completely unexpected; that factor alone made "The Secret Keeper" my favorite.
 Morton's books are a bit formulaic {single woman untangles mystery from her family's past}, but each story is unique enough that it wouldn't deter me from reading more of her work.
In fact, I'm picking up "The House at Riverton" at the library tomorrow.

Not wanting to limit my reading repertoire by focusing solely on Morton, I've also recently enjoyed "The Light Between Oceans" by M.L. Stedman.
Strangely enough, the story was similar {in some ways} to Morton's "The Forgotten Garden."
However, I think this is by far a superior book. I could not put it down, and the characters stayed with me for weeks after I had finished reading. If you need more convincing, here's a link to the Good Reads reviews.

What have you been reading lately?
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I loved The Forgotten Garden and am reading The Secret Keeper right now. I am not rushing through it because I am enjoying it so I want to take my time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that last one sounds good thanks for the new author to check out

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every one of your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know what you think.