Tuesday, May 14, 2013

All My Jeans Are Mom Jeans

While perusing the interwebs the other day, I came across a most startling headline. It read, 'Mom Jeans' Are No Joke. They Are Glorious and Should Be Embraced. 
{you can check it out here but beware: the author drops the f-bomb with abandon}
All hail the return of the Mom Jean!
{These are currently available at Top Shop}
But, I have a rant confession to make about mom jeans...
Ready?
My name is Jessie, and I wear mom jeans. 
Actually, for the last 11 years, all my jeans have been mom jeans.
I am, in fact, a mom; therefore any jeans I wear are technically mom jeans.
Just as any shoes I wear are mom shoes, and any purse I carry is a mom purse.
You get the idea.
So whether they are distressed boot-cuts,

 or ripped and whiskered flares,

or cropped boyfriends,

or indigo-rinsed skinnies,

even if they are high-waisted, wide-legged, and spandex-filled...
...all my jeans are mom jeans.
I'm tired of the denim industry trying to sell me jeans for sweethearts, divas, or rockstars.
I'm none of those things.
 I'm not trying to fool anyone into thinking I'm anything other than a 30-something hockey mom. 
{even if I was, a pair of jeans ain't gonna do the trick...}
I don't want a blinged out behind, a low-rise, or slim-fit-thighs. I just want comfortable jeans that don't show my drawers, that corral my muffin top, and that don't cost a fortune. Oh, and I'd like them to be cute too.
If that means I wear mom jeans, so be it.
Photobucket
pleated poppy

10 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are such a cute mom!! I always love your outfits!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! And, I adore your "mom" style. Seriously.

    That first outfit is absolutely my favorite...all kinds of awesome.

    I really want the same thing out of a pair of jeans too. Really. I just want to wear jeans that are comfortable, and I would also love it if they would stay up without a belt. I'd hug them and kiss them and wear them everyday.

    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely LOVE love this post. So glad I clicked over from The Pleated Poppy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a rocker of mom jeans! Thank you for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well said! I totally agree! I have hated low rise jeans ever since they started making them, and the trend has went on for way too long! People look so much better in a higher wasted jean! Unless they are a size 2! I hate those people!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are too cute! Well said my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Coming here from The Domestic Fringe--and, love this! All of my jeans are mom jeans too.
    And currently, I have the Mother of all Mom Jeans on--Maternity Jeans. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post! How true that any jeans worn by a mom are technically mom jeans! I really enjoyed this and your cute outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  10. toooooo Cute! and couldn´t agree more! I totally need some Mom Jeans like you have. all they sell here in Spain are Diva jeans.. tight and coming off kind... uuuhhhggg. I need to wait till I get back to the States next year.

    I am a football mom of 30 something. Nice to meet you! :)

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every one of your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know what you think.