Thursday, May 9, 2013

Spring Into Summer Vignette

Last week I finally got around to putting away my Easter decorations... six-ish weeks after said holiday. That might just be a new low record for me. But with my Pottery Barn knock-off bunny gone, I was left without anything fun on our open shelving. Enter my cure-all solution for decorating dilemmas: when in doubt, paint it out. 
 I got out my trusty pot of chalkboard paint, a piece of scrap cardboard, and my chalk markers and voila~ intsta-art.

Along with my grandmother's silver butter-dish, I displayed a few more pieces of thrift-store silver, some creamy white pottery, and a variety of faux greenery. The finished vignette feels simple and fresh. It's a nice segue from late spring into summer.

Peek-a-boo. I see me. And a crooked apple.

One thing I will readily admit: I am no photographer. I always admire the deceptively simple still-life shots I see on other blogs. Not so easy in real life. Everything looks fine from far away... and even through the lens of my camera, it seems fine. But closer inspection reveals a big ol' mess. The devil is in the details, as they say.

Let's take a broader look at things, shall we?
 Much better.

Photobucket
I'm linking up here:
My Romantic Home
French Country Cottage
Savvy Southern Style
DIY by Design
Ironstone Nest
Creative Cain Cabin
Between Naps on the Porch
DIY Showoff
Jennifer Rizzo

12 comments:

  1. Jessie, It's wonderful. Love the Summer look, the vintage silver makes it all pop:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I would love for you to share this at my linky party. http://hickorytrailblog.blogspot.com/2013/05/efforts-and-assets-linky-party-1.html

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful! You are soooooo good with chalk!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous!! And you crack me up ;)
    Jamie @ somuchbetterwithage.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fabulous vignette and such a cute and funny post. I have a party called Inspire Me Tuesday. I would love for you to put me on your party list. The party will be live Monday evening. Hope to see you there. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you buy the R or make it? So pretty. I like your out fits from your other post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Erin! I got the 'R' at a craft store and mod-podged on some scrapbook paper. I went over it with a bit of sandpaper on the edges and a light coat of distress ink to "shabby"' it up a bit. I change it up a lot, just by covering it wih new paper!

      Delete
  7. I love your sweet little vignette. The white dishes, green moss and apples and of course the chalk board are a favorite combo. Just beautiful. Have lovely Monday! Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it looks perfectly charming, Jessie! I really like the mix of whites, greens and the old silver.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything about this is soo pretty! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every one of your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know what you think.