Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Lately, On Instagram

It's rainy and cold today; a good day to make cookies and read a book. So that is just what Hunter and I are going to do later this afternoon. It's hard to believe we are wrapping up our school year, but Caitlin is done on Friday. Hunter and I will continue to work on a few things through the summer, but I'll save the details for a "homeschool year in review" post later this week.

I haven't planted any annuals yet, and have barely touched my perennial beds. I've never been this late before! Hopefully it will be nice out one of these days and I'll be able to get digging.

For now, here's what I've been up to on Instagram.
You can follow me here and see all the goofy pics I take of my kids and animals.

The kids were packed in like sardines for our camping trip over Memorial Day. Tent/car camping is a lot of work! It lacks the simplicity of backpacking, and the "luxury" of a camper. 
{I'm not sure why we do it, actually!}

We camped on Madeline Island in Lake Superior, so we had to take a short ferry ride. Always a thrilling experience for these land-lubbers. Caitlin gets a bit sea-sick, so we have to roll the windows down, just in case.
It was soooo cold at night. We slept fully dressed; I even wore my hat and gloves to bed.

But when we returned home, spring had well and truly arrived. Our crabapple trees bloomed like crazy for 48 hours before the wind and rain stripped them of their blossoms.
Beauty is fleeting, I guess.

This girl. She is almost done with her elementary years, and she just "graduated" from Sunday School. Now she is part of the "youth". I am not handling this growing up stuff very well!
Sniff, sniff.
She's always got a book in her hand and her hair in a ponytail. Caitlin has the kind of glorious curls most of us dream about, but she prefers to keep them under tight control.
She had a 3-games-in-1-day soccer tournament on Saturday, and her team got first place. They were 3-0 and had all shutouts. So fun to watch!
We had some scary looking skies, but never had any rain thankfully.

Lilacs. My all-time favorite smell. Chris claims he is allergic, but once a spring I have to cut a bouquet for the house. 

Have a great Tuesday! I'm off to teach a bit of grammar, bake a batch of cookies, and wash a load of laundry.
Livin' la vida loca.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every one of your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know what you think.